The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Webcams of Fisheries

Webcams of Fisheries Always useful for river heights. Do you know of any? post them here!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 10:28 AM

bigfishcatcher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shad CAM

Turned off due to runoff
Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Its back on ! Unfortunately the first fish I see is the nasty Lamprey!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 PM

650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish creek View Post
This is the CAM at the Bosher's Dam VA. It updates every 10 seconds or so. Lots of shad working their way up river from the ocean right now.

Shad Cam at Bosher's Dam
Thanks for sharing this awesome cam.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:47 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

I've been watching that shad cam for many years when the shad are running. Late night seems to be the best time. Some very interesting fish moving thru there then! When I was tying flies commercially, which I gave up about 10 years ago, I often sat & tied late at night, so would watch the cam as I tied.

As near as I can recall, I've seen both American & Hickory shad, gizzard shad, bullhead catfish, channel cats, lampreys & American eels, White & Yellow perch, Crappies, some small LM bass, Striped Bass, and a few other catfish that I'm not positive about the exact species.

Very cool to watch!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:08 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

On another site (when I was back in PA) we used to have an on-line "fishing contest" with the Shad Cam... gotta be quick, take a screen shot just when they move thru, and then crop & paste to the site. Goofy fun.

By the way, Lamprey are native to most east coast waterways. The fingerlings were highly sought after for use as tipping a Junebug Spinner rig for walleye.

Skunked so far!
Click the image to open in full size.

Update: Scratch the above, you can just right click on the image and cut n paste the info to IMG.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 04-19-2014, 09:43 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

I'll play, though I think they named the cam wrong!

Old 04-21-2014, 10:28 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Lamprey, on the move!

Some of the Lehigh Valley's beloved trout streams are loaded with spawning Lamprey in early/mid May.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:25 AM

Wow, NIGHT time really is LAMPREY time!