The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 09:02 PM

notenuftoys has a spectacular aura aboutnotenuftoys has a spectacular aura about
Default Early March fishing in southeast Idaho

My niece is getting married the first weekend in March in Pocatello. Is there any streams fishable that time of year? I told her that time didn't work and push the wedding out to May, but no luck.

Anything like Henry's Fork, Teton Canyon, or anywhere along the Snake River. Something within a 3 hour drive of Pocatello?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:30 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice
Default Re: Early March fishing in southeast Idaho

Sorry no one answered your post, don't know if you're still around but the answer is absolutely YES. Henry's below mesa falls is open with one section below the dam closed. The South Fork is open everywhere, Teton is closed. But you could totally fish the SF or Henry's and have a lot of fun! March is the month when the Rainbows spawn, so you might get into some really good fishing with go bugs, leeches and streamers.

Tight Lines!!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:45 PM

notenuftoys has a spectacular aura aboutnotenuftoys has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, dorian. I leave next week, so your feedback is very useful. I "negotiated" with The Boss to drop her and the kids at the airport on Sunday and spend a day on the Provo. But I hope to also sneak away for a 1/2 day and get on the South Fork.

What's it like above or below American Falls reservoir?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

notenuftoys: PM Joni or Mojo and ask them for some pointers on the Provo, they should be able to give you some good insight.

Larry