The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 10:47 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hit the Truckee today...

Congrats Justin,

I love fishing the truckee, it is about 30 minutes from the house and there is always a chance for a large fish or two.

d
Old 02-21-2010, 11:14 PM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

Dave, we gotta hook up sometime and fish. Give me a PM whenever you decide that is convenient for you if you're interested.

- Justin
Old 02-22-2010, 05:25 PM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Justin, yeseree, I fish the upper canyon canyon after openers, lower, year-round.
I think the bigger fish are down near you now. I'm starting to see some piggy's above the state line though. With the increase in flows, I'm feeling optimistic. Give me a call.

Jim
Old 02-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfly View Post
Justin, yeseree, I fish the upper canyon canyon after openers, lower, year-round.
I think the bigger fish are down near you now. I'm starting to see some piggy's above the state line though. With the increase in flows, I'm feeling optimistic. Give me a call.

Jim
Jim, PM me your # and times that are best for you... and are we talking a paid guide trip or a free fishing buddy trip

- Justin
Old 02-26-2010, 10:00 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Justin, I will pm my phone number to you. sorry took so long to reply, work has been a bear. As for any others in the area, I try to get out on the river at least one day each weekend, though between work and the weather it has been tough as of late. I think we should set a "fish out" date for the fly fisherman in the area once the weather breaks, we could do one on the NV side and one on the CA side for those that buy both licenses. I also love to fish and float tube Davis Lake, which, is starting to fish like the days of old again.

d
Old 02-27-2010, 02:37 AM

A fish out sounds great... it would be good for the noobs, like myself, in the area to see some experienced ff on the water... just give me a date and time.

- Justin
Old 02-27-2010, 12:35 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Sort of off subject. Our paper today talked of a wolverine sighting around Truckee, northwest of hwy80. It said that they were thought to be extinct in the Sierras since the 1920's. Be fun to keep a watch for one while you are fishing the Truckee.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Justin, Truckee indeed. I fish up to the lake later in the season.
Down to state line now. Seems tough in the canyon, but turning a few.
Give me a shout.

Bigfly
Old 02-27-2010, 08:44 PM

Jimmie, I heard the same thing on the radio today. The chances of running across one would have to be pretty slim if they've lived since the 20's undetected... but I'll definitely keep my eyes open.

Jim, will do... I was hoping to get out Friday, but it just didn't work out for me... been working on my tying this weekend. If the wife doesn't have to work tomorrow, I may have to sneak out for a couple hours.

- Justin
Old 02-28-2010, 07:43 AM

Truckee is pretty much blown out east of town right now, got on the water for an hour yesterday, you can still catch fish in the slow clearer parts, but the rest is fast and muddy.

d