The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 09:52 PM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road
Default Met up with Webrx and his buddy...

and we fished for 4-5 hours on the Truckee River and nada, zilch, zero... no dang fish. They were taunting us though, by jumping within feet of our flies, but no hookups. Dave had a hit, so I guess he wins the closest to a catch contest but Mike and I struck out...

It was great meeting up with these guys, even though I was late but neither said what I feared most "Damn you Justin, the fish were all over the place before you arrived"... it was just hard leaving the comforts of my warm bed ... anyway, like I said a couple times today "a day on the river is better than a day at work"... hope everyone else had a great Saturday getting some fishing in...

Dave let me know when you want to hit some areas in the south... E. Carson and W. Walker/ Little Walker open up on the last Saturday of April and I'm getting anxious.

- Justin

Last edited by simmons_j_m; 03-07-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Met up with Webrx and his buddy...

Justin: Good to see you guys hooked up for some fishing! Just getting out on the water is indeed a great pleasure in itself, maybe next time you will have better luck hooking into some fish.

Larry
Old 03-07-2010, 10:03 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

As Justin said, it was a slow day on the water, but it was better then working or sitting in front of the tube. We did get to see some wild horses on the mountainside, chat a bit and get our lines wet. Wind was a part of the cold factor, but not too bad. We threw everything at em. Talked to one gent on the river that said he had caught one on a copper john, but that was it.

I threw my birdsnest pattern that has been working well, and took one hit on it but no hookset, just a quick blip and run. Also tried midges, stoneflies, wooly buggers, copper johns, dropper rigs, and even a shrimp pattern, to no avail.

It was great meeting Justin, and I plan to drive down his way when things open up.

d
Old 03-08-2010, 11:47 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

I was bummed that I couldn't make it. This bathroom remodel I have going on is going to be the death of me. Hopefully will be done this evening after a final trip to the hardware store. Will be fishing this coming weekend for sure.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:51 AM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by packfancjh View Post
I was bummed that I couldn't make it. This bathroom remodel I have going on is going to be the death of me. Hopefully will be done this evening after a final trip to the hardware store. Will be fishing this coming weekend for sure.
Those honey-do lists kill me as well... but it sounds like you need a stress reducer, which is a good excuse to go fishing Trying to work out hitting the CA side with Bigfly this weekend.

Justin
Old 03-09-2010, 08:13 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

weather and work permitting, I am going to hit the river early sat morning or sunday. Saturday afternoon we have to do the pinewood derby with the cub scouts, so Sat may be difficult for more then a couple hours gotta be sure to be home in time since I am running the race for the kids. Give me a call or drop me a pm if you guy Pack, maybe I can meet up with you.

d
Old 03-10-2010, 11:44 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

It's looking like more like Sunday for me and I'll be bringing my son with. Been thinking about camping at Pyramid with him and fishing up there but might hit Mustang instead. Not sure which one.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 AM

my buddy and I may hit pyramid on Thursday or Friday of next week. Never been, looking forward to giving it a shot.

d