The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis
Default Introductions

Introductions-

Hi all. I just wanted to introduce myself here. I will be hanging out with you guys and moderating this area. My name is Curtis. Actually, that is my last name. I live in Kearns, Utah which is a suburb of Salt Lake City. We have a pretty great fishing state out here. From the little creeks that come down every canyon that surrounds the valley to the Big water of the Green River. Most of the fishing out here is for trout though we do have some good bass lakes as well and a couple that contain Tiger muskies. I have been fly fishing now for about 9 years but fishing all my life. Dad used to take me tagging along on all his excursions. Anyway, looking forward to interacting and getting to know everyone. If you need anything, let me know. I will do all I can to answer your questions.

Alright, who else is here?
Old 02-26-2005, 10:09 PM

TJ Rowden will become famous soon enoughTJ Rowden will become famous soon enough
Default Use to be . . .

Curtis:

T.J. here. Used to live in UT (Happy Valley ), currently living in TX, and really miss your neck of the woods. Long time fan of UOTF's forum and have finally made connections down here for both cold/warm water fishing with a committed few (fly rodders and spinning folks). Good to meet you.

TJ

(P.S. brother-in-law just moved to ID; used to teach shop at Kearns High.)
Old 02-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

Curtis:

It is so good to have you on board. Thanks for your services to the great folks of this forum. We have a very good group here.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 02-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Default Re: Use to be . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Rowden
Curtis:

T.J. here. Used to live in UT (Happy Valley ), currently living in TX, and really miss your neck of the woods. Long time fan of UOTF's forum and have finally made connections down here for both cold/warm water fishing with a committed few (fly rodders and spinning folks). Good to meet you.

TJ

(P.S. brother-in-law just moved to ID; used to teach shop at Kearns High.)
Good ol' happy valley. I was down there fishing today. I was reading in the latest Trout Unlimited magazine about the Guadalupe river in Tx. Have you ever fished it? It sounds like a great tail water. One of only a couple of Trout rivers in Texas they said.

I did not attend Kearns High but was in an "alternative" high school. Was not the best kid. :twisted: Good thing I got that all out of my system. Attended Kearns Junior Hight though. Small world. Good to get to know you.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefullcreel
Curtis:

It is so good to have you on board. Thanks for your services to the great folks of this forum. We have a very good group here.

Thanks,
Steve
Hey, thanks so much Steve. It will be fun getting to know everyone. I appreciate the opportunity.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:25 AM

Rocki will become famous soon enoughRocki will become famous soon enough

Well hello there,
I'm also from Utah; West Valley City more accurately. Unfortuntely, I find myself now it SouthWest Asia until the 18th of this month. So, I really haven't missed out on much of the good fishing yet this year. Anyway, been fly fishing and tying for 25 years now, ever since I was ten. I've pretty much had the opportunity to fish everywhere in the states due to traveling so much. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Good to be here.
Erik
Old 03-02-2005, 03:06 AM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Well as some of you know my name is Mike and I go by fshfanatic on all of the fishing forums I frequent.

I have been flyfishing for most of my life. My grandfather taught me the ins & outs of the sport casting pencil poppers along the coast of California for Strippers. Caught my first 25lb + Striper at 14 yrs old and have been "hooked" ever since. I was in High School when he died and kind of lost interest untill I moved to Utah in 1997. That is where I met numerous people and got back into the sport. I have been tying for almost 9 yrs.

I went into the Army 2 weeks after graduating High School in 1982. I was assigned to the 3rd Ranger Batt. Ft Benning GA and retired in 1993 do to a injury that ended my career.

I moved to Arizona in December of 2004 and had to quit pursuing the big trout and start hitting more of the warmer water species. I have had to almost completely change my "game plan". It is alot of fun, but I still miss those monster trout that we caught in Strawberry Reservoir & a couple other lakes.

I am almost strictly a Stillwater kind of guy. I fish rivers and streams maybe 5% of the time but prefer the lakes as I hate the fact that when I fish the moving water I almost always end up taking a swim.

I am glad I found this site. Looks like alot of nice folks hang out here.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshfanatic

I hate the fact that when I fish the moving water I almost always end up taking a swim.

LOL! Yeah, NT RAH NT RAH!!! That day was a hoot. Oh wait, that was me doing the swimming. I take it back, that wasn't funny! :cry:

Welcome aboard Rocki. When you are in town, maybe we could fish together one day.

Fanatic, no killing small animal jokes!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:01 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
LOL! Yeah, NT RAH NT RAH!!! That day was a hoot. Oh wait, that was me doing the swimming. I take it back, that wasn't funny! Crying or Very sad

Welcome aboard Rocki. When you are in town, maybe we could fish together one day.

Fanatic, no killing small animal jokes!!!
Which day? We went swimming a few times on the Provo together. We did catch a ton of trout that day in that huge hole by the log jam! How may do you think? 50 - 75?
Old 03-02-2005, 09:36 PM

Easy. And some of those were PIGS! That is the slot of the river I am taking the guy I am teaching this Friday. Hoping to hook him into a few of those fatties. Wish you were here to do it again. Been tying a bunch of black thread midge adults with flash wings for the top water. Hopefully with the warmer weather the Beatis will make a good showing.