The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 12:11 PM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly
Default Truckee river

Mid canyon on a warm day, skwallas crawling around.
Just a thought. Might be a good time to wet a line.
Give me a call if you need a little help.

Jim

Bigfly
Old 03-24-2010, 08:59 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truckee river

*PerK* Skwala stoneflies. It seems like Skwala time has ended on the Lower Yuba although March Brown activity is ramping up. I may need to make the drive to the Truckee. I love fishing flies that I can thread with tippet without having to resort to the cheater glasses.

MP
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 PM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfly View Post
Mid canyon on a warm day, skwallas crawling around.
Just a thought. Might be a good time to wet a line.
Give me a call if you need a little help.

Jim
Jim, Friday morning... goal is to get out of the house early! Should be able to hit Truckee by 11 as long as nothing comes up.

Justin
Old 03-25-2010, 05:56 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I have to wait for the weekend, but am going to try to get out Sat afternoon. Been kinda breezy lately, and I have a committment on Sat morning to help a friend fix his brakes and replace a u-joint. gonna try to get out after that.

d
Old 03-25-2010, 09:21 PM

Dave hit em hard! Hope you get to fight those big browns. I gotta pass till next weekend now... keeping my boy home from daycare for some father and son bonding.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Hoping to hit a few, gotta find a new spot though, my favorite spot has suddenly become overrun with bait and spin casters lately, with some recent construction even the little hondas and toyotas can get to it now. Before you needed a 4wd and a little knowledge to get there, now... oh well, I will find another one...

d
Old 03-26-2010, 08:41 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

If you can make it out on Sunday at all Dave let me know. I'm finally going to hit the river but can't Sat as T ball pics rule that day.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:23 PM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of

Mosca, come on up, be good to meet ya. maybe introduce you to some of my
"leetle friends". Bring your low rider Skwallassz 12-10 and some BWO dries, and v small clump midges too.
Midges, and BWO droppers sz 22 aren't a bad idea.
Ice out on the lakes, might that interest yee?
Check my profile on fly fishing community.com. Pics of a few fish there, added to the gallery here as well.
Give me a phone call, I'm in the field more than on line. You also, Justin.

Jim

Bigfly

Last edited by Bigfly; 03-26-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfly View Post
Mosca, come on up, be good to meet ya. maybe introduce you to some of my
"leetle friends". Bring your low rider Skwallassz 12-10 and some BWO dries, and v small clump midges too.
Midges, and BWO droppers sz 22 aren't a bad idea.
Ice out on the lakes, might that interest yee?
Check my profile on fly fishing community.com. Pics of a few fish there, added to the gallery here as well.
Give me a phone call, I'm in the field more than on line. You also, Justin.

Jim
Jim, we'll hook up to wet a line soon... I won't be getting out for a couple weeks now with Easter on the horizon and out of town the next couple weekends. By the middle of next week, even with the storm they're calling for, I'll be jonesing to get on the water.

I'll give you a call as soon as I know I can make it out... I'm due for one of them large browns I hear are coming out of the Truckee!

Justin
Old 04-08-2010, 10:59 AM

Matt, with Walters leetle bro.
24", sz 22 BWO dry.
Click the image to open in full size.

Jim

Last edited by Bigfly; 12-16-2013 at 12:36 PM.