The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Western U.S. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/western-u-s/)
-   -   tying night (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/western-u-s/204485-tying-night.html)

troutdoorsman 11-11-2011 04:35 PM

tying night

I have been talking with a few friends about doing a tying night here and there through the winter and was curious if any of the locals on here wanted to do a tying night once a month or so. Let me know if any of you have interest. I have a great location that will fit a large number of tyers in Sparks.

troutdoorsman 11-16-2011 10:34 PM

Re: tying night

Ok I have a tying night planned for Dec 2nd at 6:00 with a few guys from the local TU chapters. It will be at my work in Sparks. Everyone is welcome. Message me for RSVP and address. Hope to see some of you there.

Bigfly 12-05-2011 01:29 PM

Chris, sorry I couldn't make it, how did it turn out.
Is this thing a one time only?

Jim

troutdoorsman 12-05-2011 06:13 PM

It went well Jim, I had 6 people show and quite a few others had other engagements they needed to be at. It was fun none the less. I will be doing more for sure and will keep you guys posted as I know Dave(webrx) wanted to come too but couldn't. Stefan might try and do one up in Truckee at the TU office too but I'm sure I'll get one going again down here before that happens LOL!

webrx 12-06-2011 07:39 AM

not to intrude on your tying night, but just a heads up that Ken at Cabelas is offering a fly tying class for pyramid flies on the first wednesday of the month at the Reno store.

Beginning Fly Tying Class for Pyramid Lake Dec. 7, Wednesday 7:00 p.m. Conference Room

Learn how to tie flies for fly fishing at one of the world’s best fly fishing lakes, Pyramid Lake. Our expert fly tying outfitter Ken Thormahlen will offer this free class to beginning fly tyers the first Wednesday evening of the month, December through May during Pyramid’s peak trout fishing months. Those interested must pre-register in person at the Fly Shop or call the store at (775) 829-4100, ext. 8301. Those attending should bring their own tying vice, though Cabela’s will have a limited number of vices available for attendees’ use. All other fly tying materials and tools will be provided by Cabela’s. Cabela’s is located in Verdi off Interstate 80 at Exit 4.

Cabelas is also offering a chironomid class for beginners on the 19th.
Dec. 5 & Dec. 19, Chironomid (Nymph Fly)
7:00 p.m. The class has limited space so please call ahead to reserve your spot. Contact Ken in our fly shop at 829-4100, ext. 8301, to reserve your spot or for additional information

troutdoorsman 02-02-2012 05:07 PM

Hey guys I just wanted to let all you Tahoe locals know that I am doing another tying night next Friday the 10th if any of you can make it. Same place same time and a few of us will be fishing the next day. Any questions give me a holler.

Jimmie 02-02-2012 11:57 PM

Good for you troutdoorsman. A bunch of us from our FF club did a tying night every other Tues. night for years. It kept getting more and more fun, and everyone kept getting better and better. Best to you guys.

troutdoorsman 02-06-2012 02:22 PM

Thanks Jimmy! The last one we did went well so I think this will turn into a monthly thing.

mcnerney 02-06-2012 05:31 PM

Chris: Sure sounds like fun, wish I lived a bit closer! Best of luck!

fly fish utah 02-24-2012 11:16 AM

great Idea...wish I lived in NV. I would love to hear how it goes so I can start one in Ut. As a Utah fly fishing guide, I'm always looking for ways to get to know future guides. :)