The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:02 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How are people doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
WOW! That must have been a ride! WOO HOO!

I remember reading about a rod designer for Orvis who took out the new 1 weight he had just designed to see how it would fare against bone fish. Man, that would have been fun. Cool thing is that they did not break the rod.
I had heard it was a "0" wt.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshfanatic
I had heard it was a "0" wt.
Know what? I think you are right. Even funner!
Old 04-16-2005, 12:06 PM

tightlines57 will become famous soon enoughtightlines57 will become famous soon enough

Made one trip to the mountains with some of the AZ boys, fishing was awsome. Been hitting some of the local lakes for bass, they are slamming poppers.

Live in AZ now but when I lived in TX did lots of bass fishing in east TX and some salt water in the Galveston area.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

Hello tightlines:

Welcome to the forum. I'm an East Texas boy... so what part of East Texas did you fish?

Old 04-16-2005, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightlines57
Made one trip to the mountains with some of the AZ boys, fishing was awsome. Been hitting some of the local lakes for bass, they are slamming poppers.

Live in AZ now but when I lived in TX did lots of bass fishing in east TX and some salt water in the Galveston area.
Welcome aboard. Tell us about the area you are fishing and what is going on right now.

I went to the Provo river today but it was not too great. They recently opened it up to bait fishing and I saw more ugly sticks and zebcos today then when I go to Kmart!!!! I caught one fish and the other two I saw were both dead. One on a stringer and the other left to rot on the bank. Makes me sad!
Old 04-16-2005, 09:06 PM

ffjones will become famous soon enoughffjones will become famous soon enough

where were you fishing on the provo?
i am going up there tomorrow and am wondering if i should go to the mp or if there is anywhere you would recomend?
maybe i will hit diamond fork, anybody know what the runoff is doing to that stretch?
has anybody hit afc lately?
i heard the weeb is thick anybody been there in the last few days?
i was thinking of doing some stillwater but with the way the weather is i think i need to hit a river.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjones
where were you fishing on the provo?
i am going up there tomorrow and am wondering if i should go to the mp or if there is anywhere you would recomend?
maybe i will hit diamond fork, anybody know what the runoff is doing to that stretch?
has anybody hit afc lately?
i heard the weeb is thick anybody been there in the last few days?
i was thinking of doing some stillwater but with the way the weather is i think i need to hit a river.
I was down near Deercreek. About a mile above it. The stretch I was on had just been revamped so it is rebounding right now. It is also the stretch that has been opened to bait. If you go, I heard that above Jordanelle in the Rock Cliffs area is doing good with the Rainbows coming into the river in prep for the spawn. I personally like the upper Provo better then any stretch of that river but the area I really like is not accessible right now as it is clear up on the Mirror Lake Hwy. The lower and middle are packed with people. Diamond might be doing well. This time of year it really is a guessing game. Let us know how you do and good luck. I saw quite a few baetis but no rises. Also, the stones are starting to move around. I would imagine that hatch is about a week off. WOO HOO!
Old 04-17-2005, 12:18 AM

tightlines57 will become famous soon enoughtightlines57 will become famous soon enough

Lived in Humble so I fished Livingston a lot. A also remember some old gravel pits (sorry, can't remember the name) where the bass fishing was great. Since I lived on Lake Houston I also fished it quite a bit. Fished Galveston and the Texas City dike.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:12 PM

ffjones will become famous soon enoughffjones will become famous soon enough

hit the provo today with the rest of utah.
that water is chocolate milk. i didn't think it would be so bad but it was as bad as diamond fork ever is.
i got skunked which just ruined my day.
i guess for the next month i will be trying out the new toon and learning how to fish still waters.
what is everybodies favorite still water manual?
any utah stillwater fisherman got any tips or suggestions on where a good location to start would be?
Old 04-17-2005, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjones
hit the provo today with the rest of utah.
that water is chocolate milk. i didn't think it would be so bad but it was as bad as diamond fork ever is.
i got skunked which just ruined my day.
i guess for the next month i will be trying out the new toon and learning how to fish still waters.
what is everybodies favorite still water manual?
any utah stillwater fisherman got any tips or suggestions on where a good location to start would be?
Really!?! Wierd. It was crystal clear yesterday. How high was it? I wonder why they would raise it so quickly. I guess a trip later this week is out. I guess it is tying time for a little while.