The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis
Default How are people doing?

Have not heard from this board for a while. How is the spring season treating you all? Anyone getting on the water?

I have not had much chance lately as the spring came in like a lion. Hoping to go hit the Upper Provo soon which is some of my favorite water around here. Tons of brookies, some reaching 18 inches. Lots of colorful cutts and a few grayling. All this in one of the most beautiful areas known to man.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:47 PM

Cliff Hilbert will become famous soon enoughCliff Hilbert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How are people doing?

The fishing around East Texas has been up and down, depending on the cold fronts that regularly move through. Last weekend I caught eight largemouth bass up to 4 lbs, and one 1.5 lb crappie at Bellwood Lake in Tyler. Yesterday I fished at Lake Fork for about three hours (it was cold and windy because a front passed through the night before) and caught a 5.6 lb bass on a zonker-type fly. The fishing should be great for the next few days with no cold fronts moving through.

LSU TIGERS!
Old 03-27-2005, 02:22 PM

ffjones will become famous soon enoughffjones will become famous soon enough

curtis,
would you mind sharing some productive spots on the upper?
i am usually fishing near the sundance exit while on the provo.
what is the condition up there? the mountains just got around five feet so i would think that area is snowed in.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:42 PM

Yeah, it is snowed in right now. I like the Provo along Mirror Lake Highway, sr 150. It is smaller, colder, and above all, LESS CROWDED. Head up to Kamas and then onto the Mirror Lake Highway. You will also have a ton of great small lakes to fish as well. That entire stretch up there is wonderful.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:29 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Yeah, it is snowed in right now. I like the Provo along Mirror Lake Highway, sr 150. It is smaller, colder, and above all, LESS CROWDED. Head up to Kamas and then onto the Mirror Lake Highway. You will also have a ton of great small lakes to fish as well. That entire stretch up there is wonderful.
Grayling, Grayling, Grayling...
Old 03-27-2005, 07:09 PM

royalcutt will become famous soon enoughroyalcutt will become famous soon enough

The spring fishing season has been great so far. Catching some baetis hatches here and there has made for some amazing fishing. Heading out of state, and northward next week for some early season fishing on some of the west's famed rivers (can't wait). Even though the fishing has been great I am still dreaming of big bugs, warm days, and wet wading. Good luck all.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:49 PM

I am hoping the Salmonfly hatch happens on the BSF up there this year. That is one of the best times on Utah waters. Right up there with the Greens cicadas and the Mid Provos Green Drakes. MMMM MMMMM MMMMM, Spring!
Old 04-15-2005, 05:41 AM

camparizona will become famous soon enoughcamparizona will become famous soon enough

Hello everyone, If anyone is planning on camping and fishing in Arizona, please check out www.camparizona.com if you need any information about campgrounds in Arizona. Fishing Reports are also available on the site as well as what species of fish are available in the surrounding camping areas.
Thanks,
Chris
www.camparizona.com
Old 04-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I've been getting about 4 hrs in each sunday. Last sunday it resulted in that 10# capr on my 3wt. Can't complain about that.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:36 PM

WOW! That must have been a ride! WOO HOO!

I remember reading about a rod designer for Orvis who took out the new 1 weight he had just designed to see how it would fare against bone fish. Man, that would have been fun. Cool thing is that they did not break the rod.