The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 12:00 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold
Default Man Pyramid is slow!

I've had a few buddies head out there lately without much to brag about except a good sized fish here and there and I didn't want to believe them because it should be heating up. Well I got out there for a few hours today and it SUCKED. We ended up leaving rather early due to the heavy winds and we didn't see anyone hook a fish. To top it off my cell phone decided to take a bath and now has to be replaced. Oh well maybe in a few weeks it'll heat up.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:39 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Man Pyramid is slow!

been there, done that
take the battery out of your phone and put the phone body and the battery in a zip-lock bag full of rice. give it a day and you should be fine.

casey

ARFE
Old 03-26-2012, 09:51 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdoorsman View Post
I've had a few buddies head out there lately without much to brag about except a good sized fish here and there and I didn't want to believe them because it should be heating up. Well I got out there for a few hours today and it SUCKED. We ended up leaving rather early due to the heavy winds and we didn't see anyone hook a fish. To top it off my cell phone decided to take a bath and now has to be replaced. Oh well maybe in a few weeks it'll heat up.
Maybe too mild of a winter? Seems like the reports I've read this season have said lower numbers and fewer large fish. milt.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

We have had really strong winds along the front range today, probably gusting over 40 mph all afternoon, fishing was not in the equation.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:27 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
been there, done that
take the battery out of your phone and put the phone body and the battery in a zip-lock bag full of rice. give it a day and you should be fine.

casey
It's toast. A new one will be here tomorrow. I love my insurance plan through Verizon.

The fishing has been slower than normal but a few 20 pounders have come out this year. My buddy just got a client into a 30 incher today.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 AM

rasputinj is a jewel in the roughrasputinj is a jewel in the roughrasputinj is a jewel in the rough

It can be a hard place to catch fish, but when you get one the size Of the fish makes up for the wait. I have caught my largest cutt their years ago. The wind sucks there.

My Guide
Taupo Turangi North Island New Zealand Fly fishing Guide