The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 10:07 AM

Flywgn will become famous soon enoughFlywgn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: An F-ing Day on the Big Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Allen: ... Going across ID I always take hwy 20 headed west out of Idaho Falls and it dumps out onto I-84 there at Mtn Home and then I go north up to Ontario and then take hwy 20 west over to Bend.

Larry
Well, since this trip of yours was in August you would have probably missed us. We spent the month in B.C. (Vancouver Island mostly and a major portion of that in Roderick Haig-Brown's library.)...Hwy 20 is about 25 miles north of us. We're in Shoshone on Hwy 26. I hope you had a look at Silver Ck and the Big wood (20 crosses it at Stanton Bridge) on the way through.

Re: Swan Valley—I heard that the fishing over there in August was "killer" (guide-talk; my vocabulary is waaaayy too out-dated). I'm torn between going over there this week or going the other direction to the Owyhee and then the Deschutes. Ahhhhh decisions. Don't you just love those types of dilemmas?

Allen R

Last edited by Flywgn; 10-02-2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Correct my error
Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An F-ing Day on the Big Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywgn View Post
Well, since this trip of yours was in August you would have probably missed us. We spent the month in B.C. (Vancouver Island mostly and a major portion of that in Roderick Haig-Brown's library.)...Hwy 20 is about 25 miles north of us. We're in Shoshone on Hwy 26. I hope you had a look at Silver Ck and the Big wood (20 crosses it at Stanton Bridge) on the way through.

Re: Swan Valley—I heard that the fishing over there in August was "killer" (guide-talk; my vocabulary is waaaayy too out-dated). I'm torn between going over there this week or going the other direction to the Owyhee and then the Deschutes. Ahhhhh decisions. Don't you just love those types of dilemmas?

Allen R
Allen: I didn't catch any fish, but only fished about 3 hours on the way out and then again on the way back. I hooked into a couple but they did an LDR on me. That river fishes best from a boat do to the size and speed of the current. The interesting thing I saw on the way out was folks with motors on their drift boats. They were launching at the Byington boat ramp and motoring up river and then floating back to the same ramp, does away with the hassle of shuttles. I have heard that it is still pretty good. Here is the fishing report from South Fork Outfitters. South Fork Outfitters : 1 800.483.2110 : Professional Guided Fly Fishing : PO Box 22 Swan Valley Idaho 83449

Larry