The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 11:41 AM

neversink will become famous soon enoughneversink will become famous soon enough
Default Rene Harrop's Biography

Hi,
Mr. Harrop is pretty big name in Japan, and friends of mine are curious about his biography. Does anyone know detailed bio?

Regards,
"neversink" (where I learnt how to flyfish)
Old 12-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rene Harrop's Biography

Hi Neversink,
You could pick up his book "Trouthunter" and get a good idea of who and what Rene is about, really amazing book, or you could make the journey to Island Park and meet him personally.
I think both are a great option....
Old 01-01-2008, 08:22 PM

neversink will become famous soon enoughneversink will become famous soon enough

Hi fyshstykr,

Sorry for super late reply... my PC broke and just got a replacement.
Well, my friend doesn't read English, so I'll pick up "Trouthunter" and give it a shot.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Neversink,
I think you will enjoy it very much.

As popular as he has become in Japan, I would be willing to bet that you can also find a Japanese Version of it for your friend, Please let us know what you think of the book.

Has anybody else here read it yet?........ If not, it is worth a look and will give you an other way in which to look at this very wary and worthy opponent that we love to chase.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Neversink,
I thought I would post a link where you could take a look at Rene's book.
Pruett Publishing - Trout Hunter The Way of An Angler

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-30-2008, 08:46 PM

I'm waiting for my copy of "Trout Hunter".
Looking forward for good reading!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Nihongo Neversink, (I hope that is the right word for hello)

Glad you got it ordered, let us know what you think of it.

Did you find a Japanese version for your friend?

Have you ever thought of coming over here and fishing the Henry's Fork?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 PM

Re: Rene Harrop's Biography

Finished halfway through the reading, and many of his points are completely agreeable, and I will take this book even when I go saltwater game mostly.

BTW, a friend of mine got his Japanese copy translated by Marvelic's Katsumata-san, who has been a dedicated Scott partenr in Japan (think this man holds the top record of Scott's rod sales?).

For visiting Idaho waters? Absolutely!
It's on my travel agenda, but in 5 years or so when my 2 sons are old enough to whether understand their dad's passion or join his.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Neversink, Glad your enjoying it.

Rene is a very wise man, and in my opinion his philosophies of "Life, Nature, & Culture" are very applicable to our everyday lives, and Flyfishing.
He is truly a Master Flyfisherman, Flytyer, and artist.

When you do come here, I would be very happy to show you around the 'Henrys' Fork' and introduce you to Bonnie & Rene, They would be very honored to meet you, and talk flyfishing.