The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 PM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold
Default Clearwater bound

Well, I just shipped my gear to Idaho in preparation for a mid July fly fishing trip. Me and a friend will be fishing in the Clearwater Nat Park. I've been tying a various assortment of Parachute Adams, Elk Hair Caddis, Stimulators, Griffith's Gnats, Pheasant Tail and Bead Head Nymphs. Any other recommendations? Thanks guys.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: Clearwater bound

Pink Cahill

Old 07-04-2012, 09:55 AM

jimbaker488 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by innes View Post
Well, I just shipped my gear to Idaho in preparation for a mid July fly fishing trip. Me and a friend will be fishing in the Clearwater Nat Park. I've been tying a various assortment of Parachute Adams, Elk Hair Caddis, Stimulators, Griffith's Gnats, Pheasant Tail and Bead Head Nymphs. Any other recommendations? Thanks guys.
I caught a westslope cutthroat out of the Locsha River once which is in the Clearwater National Forest, is that close to the Clearwater Nat Park ?
Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbaker488 View Post
I caught a westslope cutthroat out of the Locsha River once which is in the Clearwater National Forest, is that close to the Clearwater Nat Park ?
Unknown to me. I'll poke around and see. What did you use? I've got some room in my box. Thanks
Old 07-23-2012, 01:09 PM

helopilot is on a distinguished road

Did ya go yet? No such thing as the Clearwater national Park. But plenty of fishing on the Clearwater and Nez Perce National Forests.

I have a lot of luck with a black body Elk Hair Caddis. Always a goto fly on the North Fork of the Clearwater, Lochsa, and the Selway. If headed up to Kelly Creek on the N Fork don't drive by all the water on the way there.

Have fun.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:10 AM

Just got back today from the Clearwater National Forest and it was the best fishing trip of my life. I've never caught this much fish daily for six days and am sorry to see it end. These Cutthroats are beautiful fish and great fighters. I primarily used Humpys, Elk Hair Caddis, Griffiths Gnats and Stimulators. Spent most of our time on the Lochsa and a day near the Colt Kill Creek. Sorry if I get the names messed up but there is a lot of water here and it's all good. The water was a bit warm so I wet waded and was cool all day. I'm currently in Grangeville and fly out tomorrow from Lewiston. I hate to go but will be back next year. I'll post some pictures when I get back home this week. Thanks Guys.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:18 PM

helopilot is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear you had fun. Those rivers are the rivers I love.

Love to see some pictures!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Hi Guys, yeah I know it's been a while since I said I'd post some pictures but, a lot has happened since my last update. I had to wait for my household goods from Korea to arrive to process the photos. The computer I use was delivered late and broken. Finally got it repaired and found out I can't find the card with all the photos except from my POS. So although not much to show, it was a great time and the best fishing trip I've ever had. SF

Click the image to open in full size.
Beautiful country
Beautiful fish.
Lots of wildlife.

Thanks for a great trip Idaho. I'll be back. vr
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the great fishing trip, I enjoyed the photos that you were able to post, pretty country for sure!

Larry
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

That's Idaho. Glad you had a great time