The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Western U.S. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/western-u-s/)
-   -   Small Stream/Creek Dry Fly Fishin in Island Park, ID BROOKIE HEAVEN!!! WITH VIDEO!!! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/western-u-s/295510-small-stream-creek-dry-fly-fishin-island-park-id-brookie-heaven-video.html)

tob04002 09-01-2012 10:18 PM

Small Stream/Creek Dry Fly Fishin in Island Park, ID BROOKIE HEAVEN!!! WITH VIDEO!!!

I've been fishing quite a few small creeks and streams up in Island Park, Idaho lately and catching TONS of Brookies! I have had several 100+ fish days. All have been on dry flies - mostly hi-vis parachute Adams. The water is crystal clear where ever you go! This is some of my favorite fishing!!!

You can see a video of my fun here:

Enjoy!

woodrivertroutbum 09-01-2012 11:35 PM

Re: Small Stream/Creek Dry Fly Fishin in Island Park, ID BROOKIE HEAVEN!!! WITH VIDEO

Cool video. If you have to touch them, please wet your hands first to do as little damage as possible. Dry hands removes a lot of their slime coat which can open them up to all kinds of issues from infections and other nasty stuff.

That looks like an awesome place to fish, wish I had gin clear water around here! Welcome to the site and I hope to see more videos/pictures from you!

mcnerney 09-01-2012 11:53 PM

Re: Small Stream/Creek Dry Fly Fishin in Island Park, ID BROOKIE HEAVEN!!! WITH VIDEO

Nice work on the video and some awesome looking water you have to fish, I'm jealous.

bobafett 09-02-2012 12:27 AM

i was just in the same area last tuesday and wednesday! I did hook up with my first kokanee on that trip too. Scared the bejeebus out of me with the take! THanks for sharing.

tennessee dave 09-02-2012 05:47 AM

Love those brookies. Thanks for sharing.

mysticm 09-02-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum (Post 481077)
Cool video. If you have to touch them, please wet your hands first to do as little damage as possible. Dry hands removes a lot of their slime coat which can open them up to all kinds of issues from infections and other

Bingo!, good advice. Another bad behavior is laying the fish on dry rocks while the angler gets the camera gear ready for recording their accomplishments. Only remove the fish from the water when the camera is ready for the shot. Most of the time one can dehook the fish w/o taking them out of the water

If you plan to harvest the fish, then ignore the above words.