The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 AM

bent crosshairs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pyramid Lake, Nevada

(10-21-12) Netted 2 - 0 shook the hook. Nothing big for the day. 2 fish under 3lbs. 1 took an Olive Pattern and the other a Black Pattern. Winds became to strong for a float tube as well as the current that was on a North Westerly move. I was able to check out some areas with the lower lake level. I also found some old flies that had been snagged on rocks (I will just add them to my collection of old worn out flies).

http://slappingills.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mcnerney; 10-22-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Removed URL to Blog
Old 10-24-2012, 04:13 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

I'll be up at Pyramid for the weekend of Nov 4th if any locals here are going to head up there and want to meet up at all.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:21 AM

I am going to try and get out tomorrow morning (10-26) I will let you know how it goes. With the weather changing the patterns and techniques are also changing.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdoorsman View Post
I'll be up at Pyramid for the weekend of Nov 4th if any locals here are going to head up there and want to meet up at all.
Are you still headed out this coming weekend (Nov 4&5)? If so what day or days?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

I am trying to go up on Sat and camp but some things have come up and I'm not 100% sure I'm going. I'll keep you posted if I do.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 PM

Last planned trip didn't work out so well but I'm heading up for sure this weekend and will be camping at Pelican if anyone wants to meet up.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:55 PM

2 more 20+ pounders came out this last week!! The fishing is still a bit slow but the fish that are coming out have been bigger than usual. The Pilot Peak strain have really been taking off this year and have been growing at a very rapid pace. This spring should be a blast!! Heading up again on Sat to see if we can find anything.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Hey TD! Are all the Pilot Peak strain fish tagged? I'm hoping to get up there in Feb/Mar some time, when the weather's nasty. milt.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 PM

To my knowledge yes. They come from the hatchery down in Gardenerville and grow like wildfire in the wind!
milt spawn likes this.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:37 PM

Yes they are all the Pilot Peak strain.

One was a 24lb, 36" out of a secret hole, (just two steps from the north nets) Dark patterns. Also try Blockhouse.

Welcome to Pyramid Lake Fisheries!

I have been tying wollies like crazy if anybody needs some not so "box store" patterns. Fair prices of course; I think they will be HOT!