The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 PM

bent crosshairs is on a distinguished road
Default Pyramid Lake, Nevada

October 1 is the opening of Pyramid Lake.

Anybody heading out? See you there!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pyramid Lake, Nevada

Don't forget your step ladder!!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:03 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Not much better than giant Lahontans- I hope I have the chance to fish Pyramid in the future!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:22 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

I won't be out there on the first but I'm sure I'll head out there in the next few weeks.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Don't forget your step ladder!! Fishing Pyramid lake Nevada Nov 09 - YouTube
Going to be a little warm for the old ladder. Float tubes aired up waiting for the strike of sun rise on Monday. This is going to be a long weekend waiting!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the step ladder is to get you up/out of the water if there's a good wind blowing. Wave action can be a '*****' as you have to wade out at least to your 'belly button.' Those short casting ladders make you about 10' tall and get you above the "surf."
Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Actually the step ladder is to get you up/out of the water if there's a good wind blowing. Wave action can be a '*****' as you have to wade out at least to your 'belly button.' Those short casting ladders make you about 10' tall and get you above the "surf."
I do concure, how ever every year on the opening the fish tend to stay away from shallow water as it is to warm for them. I have a custom built ladder that will be utilized very extensivly thru the winter and spawning months. Nothing better than spending 8 hours standing on a ladder.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:07 PM

Thumbs up Re: Pyramid Lake, Nevada

BC's quite correct; water tends to stay very warm until November (cold nights, far cooler days) and the fish will hold well out below the 'thermocline.' (sp?)
Old 09-28-2012, 07:42 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Shot Dog. milt.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:35 PM

Hit Pyramid on Friday (10-12-12) It was outstanding!! Netted 12 - 9 shook the hook. Biggest fish was 6lbs and I caught my second tagged fish out of Pyramid. I will post the fish data once I hear back from NDOW.

http://slappingills.blogspot.com/