The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 PM

gbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nice
Default No. Fork up Black Canyon?

Looking to fish this area early July and was told that it might be better to camp here as apposed to Kelly Forks campground. Problem is I can't find it on my Idaho Benchmark map. Can anyone point me to Black Canyon?

Also, how has the snowpack been and when might this area open to dry fly fishing?
Thanks
Old 05-17-2013, 09:37 PM

cpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: No. Fork up Black Canyon?

I have never fished this area, and I live quite a ways away, but the Black Canyon RD or section starts just north of the Kelly Forks campground.

46.718317 -115.256751
Good luck!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Another Black Canyon is in the Island Park area, close to The Henry's Fork. The canyon is on the right side close to the Yellowstone border. Something tells me your looking for a different one.
http://www.islandparksnowmobiling.co...biling_Map.jpg

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 05-18-2013, 08:30 AM

gbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nice

Thanks Guys. A little more investigation on my part on Mapquest determined that Black Canyon Rd heads north from Kelly Forks.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:50 PM

bobafett will become famous soon enoughbobafett will become famous soon enough

If its where I'm thinking, there are some big cliffs, down to some deep volcanic pockets, holding strong, strong fish. Watch out for the snakes.