The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By utah daveii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 07:36 AM

riderfisher is on a distinguished road
Default Utah/SLC area guides

I'll be in SLC for work for a few days and want to get out on some water on the Sat/Sun I have off in the middle of the trip. Looks like the Provo R. is pretty handy, at least moreso than the Green, so guess that would work best. I've reached out to a couple guide companies I've found on the web, and received cordial replies, but wanted to poll the group for recommendations or suggestions of other guides anyone here may have used? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Steve
Columbus, Ohio
Old 06-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Utah/SLC area guides

UTAH FLY DRIFTERS. Tell Jason, Joni sent ya ;-)
Old 06-07-2013, 07:39 PM

utah daveii will become famous soon enoughutah daveii will become famous soon enough

Provo River guides...

Jason at fly drifters is a good friend and I have done guide trips for him when I lived in SL. He will treat you right.

Other good guides are Western Rivers flyfisher and Fourseasons fly fisher. You cannot go wrong with any of them. They al support the Utah Stream Access Coalition. If you support stream access stay away from the Park City guides.
Joni likes this.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 PM

riderfisher is on a distinguished road

Joni, Daveii, thanks for the tips! I will contact the Fly Drifters tomorrow.

Daveii, can you explain to a midwesterner what you mean by 'support stream access'?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:05 AM

utah kelly is on a distinguished road

On May 11 2010, governor Herbert signed into law HB141: : Recreational Use of Public Water on Private property. The new law changes the recreational easement recognized in Conatser v. Johnson. This was the Utah Supreme Court decision in 2008 that allowed the public to walk on the private bed of a public waterbody. Now under the new law, the land owner can own the stream bed. This bill closed miles and miles of river that was once open to the public. The Utah Stream Access Coalition(USAC) was founded to fight the bill which is actually unconstitutional. You can support stream access in Utah by donating to USAC and becoming a member. Utah Stream Access Coalition
Old 08-03-2013, 03:14 PM

wjl will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Utah/SLC area guides

link Fly Fishing Utah - Utah Fly Fishing Guides - Fly Drifters of Utah