The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By stenacron
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By Joni
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 09:17 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Fireworks on the Provo River, UT

Happy 4th of July everybody! My daughter and I hit the Provo River this afternoon hoping for PMD's or Green Drakes and found both! Steady action all afternoon on #16 PMD Comparaduns and #12 Green Drake Comparaduns. Fish ranged from 10-17 inches, all wild browns, and all full of fight!

First fish of the day... 15" of pure golden brown!
Click the image to open in full size.

This was my daughter's first experience fishing a mayfly hatch, and needless to say... she's hooked!

Drunella grandis - Western Green Drake... this one was a cripple that we scooped off the surface.

My best fish of the afternoon

Look at that mug!

The Green Drakes were sporadic and fleeting, and it wasn't long before the PMD's were coming on again... enabling us to switch up and pick off a few more before heading back to the Valley. FISH ON!

Perfect end to a perfect day!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 07-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fireworks on the Provo River, UT

Joe: Great way to spend the 4th, congrats on the great fishing!
stenacron likes this.

Larry
Old 07-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice and looks coooool er ;-)
stenacron likes this.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

What a happy looking girl Joe. You had to be having more fun just watching her smile & fish than on any recent trip.

Nice pictures and a nice little river.

Ard
stenacron likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-05-2013, 12:09 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post

What a happy looking girl Joe. You had to be having more fun just watching her smile & fish than on any recent trip.

Nice pictures and a nice little river.

Ard
Thanks Ard, no doubt playing "guide" for my little girl is more fun than catching fish myself. I can see already that she'll be taking her fly rod along back to CSU next month.

The middle section of the Provo River is really amazing. It was a total bug factory today; PMD duns, PMD spinners, drakes, yellow sallies, egg-laying caddis, and even some oddball mayflies thrown into the mix. The birds were enjoying the menu too... watching two male Yellow Warblers fight over a green drake dun was pretty funny.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 07-14-2013, 09:11 AM

cpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nice

Great way to spend sometime with your daughter. The smile says it all!