The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 06:59 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Nevadans Around Here??

I am always willing to meet up and fish for a bit, assuming my wife doesn't have plans for me . If nothing else, being able to chat for a bit and get a feel for some decent (not your super secret) fishing spots west of town would also be great if you don't mind letting a newbie in on a few.

I will check with the boss, and then PM you my cell number, or you can pm yours to me, so we can talk.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:09 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

I have no secret fishing holes. There are enough spots on the river that hold fish that I don't need to keep them hidden. Like I told Beefcake I'm kicking around a few ideas on what to do this weekend and if I say in the area You're more than welcome to join.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Thanks packfancjh,

We have cub scouts stuff at noon both days this weekend, but I am going to try to get out Sat morning, weather permitting, and fish idlewild park. looks like this might have some good runs.

I'll PM you my cell.

d
Old 04-23-2009, 12:44 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Idlewild is a good spot to start. I was thinking around there or starting around Mayberry and working up the canyon. I'll try and give you a call.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 AM

Took my boy to idlewild pond on saturday, they stocked the pond a week ago and we had a blast, that boy was pulling in fish as fast as I could put a worm on his hook. when he finally got bored, I got my fly rod out and landed a half dozen little trout in about 30 minutes. Not real sporting of me, but hey it was fun. Too bad my camera batteries were dead or I would have some video to share (got one of those little flip videocams for my birthday in march - what a neat cam for fly fishing) gotta remember to pull it out and take some pics (and have fresh batteries) next time out.

Dave
Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 PM

My buddy went there last weekend and he said there were people pulling little 6 inchers out of it and throwing them on a stringer. Thankfully it was out of that pond cause if they were doing that out of the river I would push them in! I've been thinking of bringing my son out there to play. Give the river a bit to clear up and calm down and we will have to try and get together again.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:09 AM

sounds like a plan, the river is pretty muddy still, and the wind has been pretty strong. tough fishing to say the least.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:52 PM

That's why I'm taking a week or 2 off. I don't have my Cali license yet, I always hate shelling out $110 for it, or else I would be on the LT. We'll meet up soon enough though I'm sure.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 AM

I had a chance to get out tonight with a Buddy and we both hooked into some good sized whitefish and he hooked a nice little cutthroat. Anyone else been out lately.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:49 PM

k7noo is on a distinguished road

New to the forum and also in Nevada, little south of you in Reno and above and can hit the Carson River with a rock here in Dayton.
Know that there is mercury in the water here but I got my fly gear over ten years ago and wasnít able to put the time in working six day a week and some long hours to boot but all thatís over now so have a nice close place to practice although the river is still running pretty heavy and muddy, have some work to do picking up where I left off years ago.
Glad to have found this place and hope in the future to offer up something that may be helpful.
I was a catfish hunter in my first life, Washoe Lake and the cooling ponds, could eat that stuff tillí I gave it up. Not a big Trout or Bass eater but I love to catch fish.