The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 08:25 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Nevadans Around Here??

Welcome K7noo,

Been busy the last couple weeks, but just catching up. Going to try to get out Saturday, though with all the rain lately I expect the river is gonna be high and dirty.

Let us know how your doin "down" there.

Dave
Old 06-12-2009, 01:37 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

I don't think the river should be too bad on Sat. I heard that there should be rain tonight and spotty tomorrow so I think it might be ok. Clarity isn't too bad right now.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:57 AM

k7noo is on a distinguished road

The Carson is slowing down and dropping pretty fast, still pretty dirty but good enough to get some practice in. Talked to Jake at the Reno Fly Shop and he was really helpful, also found a bunch of fly's I tied years back.
Hope you both do good this weekend and I'll see how I do with this classic almost new equipment I have here, thankfully I still have a VHS to watch the videos on, ha,ha .................
Old 06-13-2009, 06:45 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Not sure where we are going yet, but heading out shortly, will let you know if we hit anything.

d
Old 06-17-2009, 01:05 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Had some luck tonight, my buddy hooked a small one east of town. I hooked a nice rainbow in town on a streamer. Anybody else been out?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:23 AM

Hit 3 on Saturday, 10 inchers, using a caddis imitation on top in the flat water. Going to try to get out this afternoon or tomorrow and fish west of town - maybe out near mayberry. Buddy went out to davis creek and said he hit five.

d
Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 AM

puckerstrings is on a distinguished road

Went fishing at Barth Pit Monday, but due to recent rains water was really dirty and running really fast in the Humbolt river. Didnt catch even a bite. South Fork has been Spotty, caught 4 bass about a week ago, but had to let them go. Have to wait a while and let the Water clear up and slow down some.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:26 PM

Hooked up a few over the weekend on the Truckee fish were rising early moring to a BWO hatch - little guys, but hey, better then nothing...

also hooked a couple whitefish on a copper john under an indicator. Hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon, if work allows.

d