The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By smoothie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 04:16 AM

youngfish is on a distinguished road
Default Cache valley?

Hey guys, I'm headed up Thursday to stay in the Logan/Nibley area for about two weeks. I'm from Southern California and not too familiar with the area. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe live local and would like to meet and fish, and of course ill buy lunch. Thanks in advance for any help
Old 10-15-2013, 07:07 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cache valley?

Logan River is right in that area. I've never fished it, but it is one of the more popular rivers in UT. Ogden River a little south of Logan is a good one as well. Browns should be very aggressive now.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 10-15-2013, 08:36 AM

cpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to all

Besides the Logan, there is also the Blacksmith fairly close, and the Weber in the Ogden area. Good luck.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:56 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Logan, Blacksmith's Fork, Paradise Creek - all good choices for Cache Valley. Also, try the little Bear River Below Hyrum Reservoir. The Ogden is a great river but a bit of a trip off of the mountain when these other streams are closer.

My old 'Home' waters...

Kelly.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:34 PM

cpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to all

Love to know how you did.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:24 PM

smoothie will become famous soon enoughsmoothie will become famous soon enough

I'm just realizing as I type this that it's quite possible that your trip to Cache Valley has already come and gone.

My favorite place near Cache Valley would be the Bear River below Oneida Narrows Resevoir. It's about 45 mins. north of Logan, but it's the best winter fishery around.