The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Western U.S. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/western-u-s/)
-   -   Headed back to Idaho. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/western-u-s/333921-headed-back-idaho.html)

cochise 10-10-2013 10:25 AM

Headed back to Idaho.

I like this area so much and my wife has a few days off from work so we are headed back up to Yellowstone country.

I will be on the banks of the Henry's Fork tomorrow. We will no doubt hit the Madison to see if more fish have been on the move.

Maybe the Park will open in the next few days and I will get to fish the Madison just inside the park, one of my favorite stretches.

Hope to find us a nice little place up there. I will have the cameras rolling and will report my findings upon my return.

mridenour 10-10-2013 10:27 AM

Re: Headed back to Idaho.

Looking forward to the report! Good luck.

CutThroat Leaders 10-10-2013 10:59 AM

I fished the stretch that you mentioned this year for the first time, very good water. Had a blast. Of course that was much before the Gov shutdown. Looking forward to hearing about the trip...

mcnerney 10-10-2013 11:45 AM

Have a great time and best of luck.......looking forward to your trip report!

Larry

lake flyer 10-11-2013 06:02 AM

If the shutdown in the park extends through the brown trout spawning season will this improve the fishing for the next couple of years?

kglissmeyer1 10-11-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lake flyer (Post 600475)
If the shutdown in the park extends through the brown trout spawning season will this improve the fishing for the next couple of years?

:confused::confused::confused:

What does this have to do with coshise visiting the area to look for property? No hijacks allowed :D

Kelly.

cpiercem 10-15-2013 08:38 AM

Good luck, and dress warm!!

fredaevans 10-15-2013 12:33 PM

Not likely he'll be able to access YNP. Bit on TV this morning showing the Park Service turning away autos at the enterence points. Bummer! But looks like our fellow has several great alternative plans.

fae

dhayden 10-15-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 601759)
Not likely he'll be able to access YNP. Bit on TV this morning showing the Park Service turning away autos at the enterence points. Bummer! But looks like our fellow has several great alternative plans.

fae

Yup - you need a residence pass to get through to Cooke City (from Gardiner entrance)

fredaevans 10-15-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhayden (Post 601761)
Yup - you need a residence pass to get through to Cooke City (from Gardiner entrance)

Remember reading a comment (Google News?) that there were 15 tourists 'trapped' in the town and weren't (at that point) being allowed to leave.