The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 10:25 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future
Default Headed back to Idaho.

I like this area so much and my wife has a few days off from work so we are headed back up to Yellowstone country.

I will be on the banks of the Henry's Fork tomorrow. We will no doubt hit the Madison to see if more fish have been on the move.

Maybe the Park will open in the next few days and I will get to fish the Madison just inside the park, one of my favorite stretches.

Hope to find us a nice little place up there. I will have the cameras rolling and will report my findings upon my return.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 AM
mridenour

Default Re: Headed back to Idaho.

Looking forward to the report! Good luck.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

I fished the stretch that you mentioned this year for the first time, very good water. Had a blast. Of course that was much before the Gov shutdown. Looking forward to hearing about the trip...

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 10-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great time and best of luck.......looking forward to your trip report!

Larry

Old 10-11-2013, 06:02 AM

lake flyer will become famous soon enoughlake flyer will become famous soon enough

If the shutdown in the park extends through the brown trout spawning season will this improve the fishing for the next couple of years?
Old 10-11-2013, 11:10 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake flyer View Post
If the shutdown in the park extends through the brown trout spawning season will this improve the fishing for the next couple of years?

What does this have to do with coshise visiting the area to look for property? No hijacks allowed

Kelly.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:38 AM

cpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to behold

Good luck, and dress warm!!
fredaevans likes this.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Not likely he'll be able to access YNP. Bit on TV this morning showing the Park Service turning away autos at the enterence points. Bummer! But looks like our fellow has several great alternative plans.

fae
Old 10-15-2013, 12:37 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Not likely he'll be able to access YNP. Bit on TV this morning showing the Park Service turning away autos at the enterence points. Bummer! But looks like our fellow has several great alternative plans.

fae
Yup - you need a residence pass to get through to Cooke City (from Gardiner entrance)
Old 10-15-2013, 01:06 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
Yup - you need a residence pass to get through to Cooke City (from Gardiner entrance)
Remember reading a comment (Google News?) that there were 15 tourists 'trapped' in the town and weren't (at that point) being allowed to leave.