The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cpiercem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 12:44 PM

heronwheels is on a distinguished road
Default Boulder Mountain - Late April

Hi all,

Boyfriend and I are heading out to southern Utah April 24th for a hiking/camping trip and we thought we'd throw in a bit of fishing. I've been studying topo maps for the areas we'll be traveling through and have a few spots picked out (some I've run across during past trips). We were hoping to fish some of the Boulder Mountain lakes - is the ice typically off the mountain lakes at that time of the spring?

Thanks,

Stacey
Old 12-31-2013, 02:28 PM

cpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Boulder Mountain - Late April

I haven't fished the Boulders myself, but it is kind of hard to get first hand info on specific lakes. Most people don't want to post info about the lakes on the Internet. There is a lot of older info on this site: Fishing Boulder Mountain in Southern Utah

The real problem is going to be as you said-- whether they are thawed out and if you can get to them. You might try looking up Boulder Mt guides or fly shops and see what you can find out through them on your dates.

Much of the area is 9000 to 11000 ft elevation. April is pretty early for those altitudes.
heronwheels likes this.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:07 PM

heronwheels is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info cpiercem, sorry for the late response - I've fallen victim to the winter steelheading sickness. I understand the desire to keep specifics private, I just wanted a general idea of what to expect as far as fishability in those Boulder Mountain lakes. We'll just play it by ear as we make our way west. At very least, I imagine we'll try to fish some of the southern Utah trout streams as we make our circuit (and hit the Arkansas on the way home). Thanks again for the info!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:07 AM

lil_ol_angler_me is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heronwheels View Post
Thanks for the info cpiercem, sorry for the late response - I've fallen victim to the winter steelheading sickness. I understand the desire to keep specifics private, I just wanted a general idea of what to expect as far as fishability in those Boulder Mountain lakes. We'll just play it by ear as we make our way west. At very least, I imagine we'll try to fish some of the southern Utah trout streams as we make our circuit (and hit the Arkansas on the way home). Thanks again for the info!
get a hold of Emmett Doane at Circle Valley Anglers
he should be able to give you some accurate info

he always has for me