The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 02:18 PM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about
Default Southfork Snake River

Spent six days up in Idaho on the South Fork this last week and it was fishing pretty well to say the least!
Salmonflies, PMD'S, Drakes and streamers seemed to be the ticket, but the entire river is alive with hatches and fishing well up and down.
Here are a few photos from the trip.
Enjoy

Click the image to open in full size.

Cheers!
Watson
mojo, fyshstykr, mcnerney and 7 others like this.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Southfork Snake River

Wow, I'm jealous, six days on the South Fork that is living the dream! Thanks for sharing.
fredaevans and watson like this.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Some more great Fish Pics ,even though I enjoy catching Trout & Salmon on Wets & Streamers one day hopefully I can get back to The Snake early to Fish The Salmon Fly Hatch as I really like when The Beetle Hatch is on in our Local Lake over here.
Brian
watson likes this.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:22 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Great report, and beautiful pictures. Glad you had a good time, and hope that you get to come back soon !
watson likes this.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:37 AM

cpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome report and great pictures!

fredaevans and watson like this.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Wow, I'm jealous, six days on the South Fork that is living the dream! Thanks for sharing.
Larry, it was a pretty sweet month of fishing I basically got to fish half of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
Great report, and beautiful pictures. Glad you had a good time, and hope that you get to come back soon !
Siege, glad you enjoyed yes it is always a good time up that way. Even if the fishing was no good at all it is a beautiful float.
I'll be back up there Wednesday and it doesn't seem to bee soon enough!

Cheers ya all!
Kris
Old 07-06-2014, 11:23 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Southfork Snake River

That series of photos has to be at the top of my 'AMAZING LIST' I've ever seen on a web board. Colours/clarity/etc., are professional to put it mildly.

For context ..... sad to say... I've never had a single success (instructions really are simple) in posting up a photo. If I may ask, what Internet service did you use for the postings? Same question as to the camera.

Fred
watson likes this.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:31 PM

trtfsr is on a distinguished road

Wow! Seriously envious. What an adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watson likes this.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
That series of photos has to be at the top of my 'AMAZING LIST' I've ever seen on a web board. Colours/clarity/etc., are professional to put it mildly.

For context ..... sad to say... I've never had a single success (instructions really are simple) in posting up a photo. If I may ask, what Internet service did you use for the postings? Same question as to the camera.

Fred
Fred,
That is quite the complement coming from you, thank you!
Really there is not all that much to it, all these photos were taken on my Iphone.
I post on instagram somewhat regularly so most, if not all of these photos have already been posted there on my wall.

In order to post them to this site I add them to my Picasa album and then copy the URL from there. Then paste the URL in the pop up, that comes from clicking on the "insert image" icon above and last but not least press OK.
Your image will be imbedded within the post just like mine.

I think I answered your questions but if you have additional questions or would like further help I would be more than happy to do so.
Pictures are one of those things that liven up a forum or just about anything for that matter.
Thanks again!
Cheers,
Watson

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtfsr View Post
Wow! Seriously envious. What an adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trtfsr,
Welcome to the forum!
This is just a tip of the iceberg, much more to see and learn from this place!
Hope to see ya around.
Cheers!
Watson
cpiercem likes this.

Last edited by watson; 07-17-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

That looks and sounds as if it was a great trip. Gotta love fishing the Salmon Fly.... Thanks for sharing.
watson likes this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com