Utah Local Waters

watson

Reaction score
The local fishing has been good, Big bugs, streamers, pmd's and now drakes are on. All in all the fishing has been good to me.

Cheers!
Watson

Last edited:

mojo

Reaction score
Is that thing a Burbot?

If it is I didn't realize they were in streams up there. I thought they were a still water fish. Terrible for the fishery but pretty darn good eating.
Looks more like a sclupin to me.

watson

Reaction score
Was away on another long weekend of floating and fishing:D so let me catch up.

"Location: Utah'': local fishing good.
Not specific enough ?
Not really here providing lists of rivers and streams, so I could just say "The Provo" as that is where I tell everyone I fish if I don't want to be too specific and the truth of the matter is some of those photos did come from the Provo;)

the WET PART of Utah
....Sounds about right...

Is that thing a Burbot?

If it is I didn't realize they were in streams up there. I thought they were a still water fish. Terrible for the fishery but pretty darn good eating.
Mojo got it right it is the Mottled sculpin or to be more specific Cottus bairdii, but on that note and fyi burbot have been found in the Green River.......:eek: haven't researched how they are doing in that environment but they were found back in 2010ish.

Looks more like a sclupin to me.
Yep

Hard to tell without some perspective. Picture makes it look really big. May not be too hard to tell.
Ya without something to scale it off of it looks like it cold be anything from three or four feet, to three or four inches....it's more along the line of three or four inches.

Hope your all soaking your feet!
Cheers,
Watson

kglissmeyer1

Reaction score
Idaho transplant, Utah born and raised. Some great waters in the state and I love to fish them all. Great report! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly.