The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: New To the Forum

Hi Clint,

Welcome to the forum. Wyoming is one of my favorite states to fish. I spent a lot of time fishing the Green below Fontenell Dam. Looking forward to your participation. We have a bunch of nice people from your area.

Frank
Old 05-02-2008, 10:24 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Thanks Frank.

Last edited by cromney; 06-24-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:37 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

I've only been below Fontenell once. Long day as we were not sure of the access points. Nice water and an easy float once you know where your goin. LOL. We went just after the salmon run so there were a lot of carcasses in the water.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-02-2008, 10:50 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

There are some good access points and but can be hard to find the good ones. I used Google maps to find them and a lot of exploring. Now, I have two favorite spots and one of them I have never seen anyone there. That makes the 3+ hour drive worth it.
The fish are wild, very healthy, put up a great fight and are not scared from being previously caught. When they bite, they bite hard and it's time to hang on!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Clint, I've been doin the google map thing lately also, really kind of fun.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 05-02-2008, 10:56 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

We got directions from a few different people. Stopped at one store down there and ask for info, we were not given much help. Once we got it sorted out though it was a good float. I believe we float the top stretch, it was a few years ago so I'm not certain. Definitely worth doing again though it is a truck from here and it is tempting to just hit the Green in the Cora and Daniel area, fishing is great there too!!

Old 05-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should all have a Fall rendevouz below Fontonelle when the trout are following the Kokanee?

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 05-02-2008, 11:20 PM

Sounds good, count me in!!! Whose bringing the single malt?

Old 05-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Let's do it!! how about you Clint, are you in?

I think that would be a lot of fun to spend a long weekend up there, could be darn cold on those high Wyoming flats in the Fall(especially in the evenings). but the fishin could be well worth it.

I can bring the 'Scotch', can you bring the fire wood?

Old 05-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

I've been tryin to get Frank to come out and go fishing, maybe he would be up for this.
Don't they have an airstrip there? he could buzz right in.