The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 01:29 PM

kinger will become famous soon enoughkinger will become famous soon enough
Default A fishing weekend

So, went camping over the weekend with my wife. She has been out fishing with me a few time, but has not had the chance to hook into anything yet. I decided this was the weekend for her to do it. We had a great time, the first choice of river on Saturday was unproductive unfortunately, lot's of frog water. Hooked into a nice lake rainbow that night. Sunday on a different river that I've fished several time and knew had some nice fish we were able to christen her fly rod. It was nice to see her finally hook into something and I may have been more excited than she was. She finally got to see and feel why I love this sport so much. We had a great weekend, the leaves are really changing and fall seems to be here. I look forward to more like this. Here are a few pics of our weekend.

Ash's first fish
Click the image to open in full size.

Beauty of a brown

Some of the scenery

Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A fishing weekend

Josh: Congrats! Very nice brown trout!
Be sure to stick your Brown Trout photos in this thread: Brown Trout Pics

Larry
Old 10-06-2010, 02:23 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Nice report Josh and you look super excited-lol We need to get our wives on the water together sometime.

Clint
Old 10-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful pics,sceneries and fish JoshCongrats to Ash
Old 10-06-2010, 05:46 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Wow, those are some awesome pics! Scenery and fish.
BTW, its a little scary how much you look like my buddy.
Oh yes, congrats to Ash.....

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 10-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see ya Josh.
Congratulations Ashley!! Great fish, Awsome scenery!!

You now have a new fishing partner Josh. I like having a wife who enjoys fishing as much as I do, it makes life much easier. One thing though.....She will always find the bigger fish. I dunno why? it's just the way it is.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Last edited by fysh; 10-06-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:26 AM

gbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nice

Looks like you both had a good time. I also enjoy it when my wife can go with me.

If your wife can't make it next time give me a call and I'll help you with those browns.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

That is awesome. I hope she sticks with it. It is my choice of medication for stress and anger management.
However, on the down side, in my house it is two of EVERYTHING!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
That is awesome. I hope she sticks with it. It is my choice of medication for stress and anger management.
However, on the down side, in my house it is two of EVERYTHING!
Joni: But at least you are fishing together, I think that is much more important. I wish my wife liked fishing!

Larry
Old 10-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Sort of...we go together, but once there, we go different directions. Funny, even though we are not side by side, I know he is there. When I was guiding out of town for weeks at a time, I missed the H out of him.