The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 09:43 AM

Utchef is on a distinguished road
Default Good Morning From Park City

Another perfect day in Park City, Utah. A little stiff from standing for 5 hours in the Provo River yesterday but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:45 AM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Good Morning From Park City

Welcome from Ogden. How is the conditions on the Provo? There are a few of us from Utah here on the Forum.

John
Old 09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Utchef,

Welcome to the forum. We do have several members from Utah and the surrounding states. Are you a long time fly fisher?

Frank
Old 09-25-2008, 05:12 PM

Utchef is on a distinguished road

Hello, fishing on the Provo (middle) is always good this time of year. I got up early and went to the Weber near Wanship before worke today. I guess I've been fly fishing for about the last 6 or 7 years and still have alot to learn.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Right back at ya from Millcreek. I am stiff from hiking in and out of Little Cottonwood.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Utchef.
I'm not sore at all! Good to meet ya.

Another fellow 'Utahn' from Plain City(N/W of Ogden) here, and welcome to the forum.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 10-01-2008, 06:00 PM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough

Just what I was hoping to find, some Utah flyfishermen.

Wyoming was great and we're looking towards next spring, so I am bothering you guys early.

We're looking for a remote hike, streams and lakes, similar to the one we did in the Winds in Wymoming.

So are it looks like the High Utinas. My only problem is while they seem to have some high mountain lakes, not having much luck with rivers.

We're also looking at this area for a spring trip, maybe late April.

You thoughts would be apprecaited, as always.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:06 PM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough

My father has a cabin on the north fork of the duchenne(? sp) river. Not large fish but alot of browns. I would suggest that one.

John
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Uinta's have 1,000's of lakes and rivers. Some of the less fished (little harder to get tos) have some nice fish! Brookies in the 15" range, maybe bigger. And the Albinos are fun.
Stay in touch on these trips, maybe we can come up with a NAFF trip out of it.
I know the snow levels are brutal in the Uinta's early spring, specially this last one.
If you Tube/toon it, we got a get together planned for Strawberry on the 12th of this month.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:30 PM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough

A NAFF trip would be pretty interesting.

Sounds like late April might be a bit early for the Unitas.

We need to go as early as can. We are doing Alaska the last half of July and Wyoming again the first part of September, Salmon fishing Michigan in Oct.

Maybe Arizona.......I was kind of looking at the White Mountains in Arizona, but am also looking at Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky.

It's been pretty difficult, Wyoming is a tough act to follow.