The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle Provo, Ut

Pocono...L.D.R. is a frequent term around here. It covers soooo much from the time you KNOW the fish is on the end of your line to the line breaking, hook breaking, or fish just throwing the hook.....you DID hook it, you just can get it close enough to net or land....SO, Long Distance Release = LDR....example: "I caught three LDRS" LOL

Now, as far as the boo, wtex50, it is a ZHU purchased off of e-bay. A 7'6" 5 weight with an extra tip. Poc, you know what I paid, so that tells you why I am using it, plus it feels so dang good! When my custom is finished, it won't be a cold weather friend, but ol ZHU is still there....or the Lami....LOL
Old 01-31-2009, 03:22 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Joni
Nice pictures. Looks like you had a good day. What's the Boo stick you were using in the picture
Neil
Old 01-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
Joni
Nice pictures. Looks like you had a good day. What's the Boo stick you were using in the picture
Neil
Check this site out:

Shop eBay Canada Store - Zhu's flyfishing store:: bamboo fly rod, fly reel

They are really nice bamboo and Zhu is a prince to deal with!

I am thinking now of one of his VINTAGE reels to go with it. I have seen them and they are so much better built than the other replicas I have seen.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:17 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Great pics Joni, looks like ya'all had a great time. I like that hat to lol
Old 01-31-2009, 07:25 PM

A cowboy style hat is my trade mark. That and the Lochsa hat in the summer

http://www.orvis.com/store/productch...ds*1195&bhcp=1

The felt hat in the winter is awesome. Crush proof, water resistant and built in ear flaps.

Western Longrider Crushable Rain Repel Hat Ear Flaps M - eBay (item 330297731131 end time Feb-28-09 16:45:28 PST)
Old 01-31-2009, 10:01 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

"LDR". Now I can re-cast so many of my old fishing stories! I feel better already!