The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 03:41 AM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Amazing Day in Reno

sounds amazing....
Way to go

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:09 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I figured with the weather the way its been there might have been a hatch this weekend also, but been down with the flu and could not get out this weekend. hopefully next weekend.

Gotta start carrying a rod and waders with me.

d
Old 02-23-2009, 10:42 AM

LocktownDog is on a distinguished road

Didn't hear about a hatch this weekend. Gave a try down at Hinkson Slough near Yerington though. They were hitting nicely. 10-12" rainbows until about 10am ... then it all stopped dead. But it was fun while it lasted.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:50 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

BWO hatches have been going off lately when there has been a couple days of warm weather following these cold blasts. The seem to be going off around 1 pm or so when the weather hits 45 or higher. I am not a bug person, just relaying what I saw and what I have heard. Maybe one of the guys or gals on here that know more about winter hatches can enlighten us on the specifics of when and why. I talked to the guys via email at the RFS after the hatch that started this thread, and they said it was not uncommon, but not predicatable during the winter.