The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 12:31 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Truckee River stocking

News says they are going to stock almost 8k TRBs today in the truckee, not sure where, and would not publicly post if I knew, but thought the reno/sparks/etc folks might like to know in case they can get off work early or take tomorrow off.

I prefer to target the larger native trout, but rumor has it that they will be stocking 10 to 13 inchers today, might make for some fun C&R if you have nothing better to do.

d
Old 03-19-2009, 05:26 PM

LocktownDog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Truckee River stocking

Woo-hoo!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:17 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Taking the day off today, sort of, got to call in for a meeting at 9, but what the heck, my neighbor has today off also so we are heading out around 10 am today to see if we can do a little damage.

d
Old 04-02-2009, 04:50 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Went out east of town yesterday, netted one missed three others. Not bad for 2 hours of fishing.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:43 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Another good day of fishing on the Truckee yesterday. Went to my favorite spot and hooked into a few more even though the flows and weather changed for the worst.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:09 AM

I'm hoping to get out today or tomorrow, depends on the weather and the honeydo list. Congrats on your good day. The flows and clarity look a little tough with the rain we have been having, what fly were you using yesterday? I have been having some luck with copper johns and rootbear wooley buggers.

d
Old 04-15-2009, 01:21 PM

I hooked a few on a pheasant tail and a few on a red tag. I just read that they are going to start reshaping the Truckee around Mustang in mid July. There goes that area for a while. All for the better though.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:32 AM

Yeah,

Rock park is dead, no fish at all, even during a hatch. West of Lockwood, you can get into a couple fish, but where they just reworked the river no plant growth on bottom and no fish. Same will happen to Mustang I fear. Gonna have to start fishing west of town if this keeps up.

I have had a little luck out at fishermans park lately, and was going to try the section behind GSR if I get a chance today or tomorrow.

d
Old 04-19-2009, 01:26 AM

I'm heading out west tomorrow first thing. I'll let you know how I do.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:18 AM

Changed my mind and went out to Mustang yesterday, found a nice spot, caught on 12 in bow on a loop wing emerger. All in all a decent few hours on the river.

d