The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Western U.S.

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 02:09 PM

Legend is on a distinguished road
Default Cody, WY report

Tim Wade's fishing report from this weekend - "Whacked em at E. Newton Lake today. All the trout were up on top today and ate well for about 5 hours before wind and lightening got too close. Para Adams and Callibaetis nymphs in the film. Several bows and browns hit 6 lbs, but nothing like in the old days when a small fish was 30 inches and 9-11 pounds!"
Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cody, WY report

Congrats on the excellent fishing!

Larry
Old 06-08-2009, 03:13 PM

DryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura about

This post probably belongs in the Rocky Mountain Range section. I talked with Tim last week about East Newton. It has been overcast and rainy this past week (it snowed saturday night). The bite was better about two weeks ago.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryFlyGuy View Post
This post probably belongs in the Rocky Mountain Range section. I talked with Tim last week about East Newton. It has been overcast and rainy this past week (it snowed saturday night). The bite was better about two weeks ago.
Sounds like you are getting the same daily dose of rain that we are in SE Wyoming. Rained pretty hard late yesterday and again this morning. I need to get up to East Newton lake and fish it one of these days. It sure looks like a great lake to fish.

Larry
Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 PM

DryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Sounds like you are getting the same daily dose of rain that we are in SE Wyoming. Rained pretty hard late yesterday and again this morning. I need to get up to East Newton lake and fish it one of these days. It sure looks like a great lake to fish.

Larry
Be sure to let me know when you do. I've enjoyed my limited time on that body of water.