The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Youth Fly Fishing

Youth Fly Fishing A place for our younger members to comunicate with each other.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 07:33 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An imaginative son

This is for your son Randy

Randy, please send us a picture of your first fish on the fly you made. And if you will write us a small letter with the picture (you have to type it ) I will send you some cool stuff to tie flys with.

Have your dad PM me with your address if you post a picture and type a small letter.

GOOD LUCK

Dave
Old 12-03-2011, 08:44 AM

dave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Mike and Dave,

MIke, I looked at the Redington 9' 5wt combo last weekend and nearly bought it. My wife had reservations about buying Randy a rod for his Birthday. I did some sly questioning to Randy, basicaly asking him which one would he like to get for his birthday. It turns out he is expecting to get an AirSoft Rifle. So we chose to get him the rifle. Christmas is coming up...

Dave, I think your post will really fire him up. Last week he asked me if anyone replied to this thread recently. There wasn't any new replies at the time. I'll let him read what you posted. I betcha that'll get him going!

He been watching me tie some flies and he came up to me a couple days ago and said that he has decided to take a "little" instruction from me. He used the "little"... Haha. He doesn't want to be too influenced on how to do something. He likes to figure things out for himself and come up with his own ideas.

I read the book "Pocket Water: Confessions of a Restless Angler" by William G. Tapply recently and he talks about just letting kids figure things out on their own. So I'm taking that advice.

Dave
Old 12-03-2011, 12:52 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

After he catches a fish on it cut it off and save it. Have him tie a couple more to take with him. He needs to keep his first fly he caught a fish on. I still have My first fly I caught a trout on. I caught several on it and got scared I would lose it so I cut it off and put another on.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 PM

dave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
After he catches a fish on it cut it off and save it. Have him tie a couple more to take with him. He needs to keep his first fly he caught a fish on. I still have My first fly I caught a trout on. I caught several on it and got scared I would lose it so I cut it off and put another on.
Thanks JCW! I like that...