The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Youth Fly Fishing

Youth Fly Fishing A place for our younger members to comunicate with each other.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:55 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Vises?

Dyna-King Professional since around 1990. Barring theft or fire, It'll likely be the last vise I ever own.

Best, TT
Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Vise- Peak. Vice- short brunnetes. Life long vice - You got it Fishing!

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Just realized this is the youth section! Just follow the vise info !
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-02-2013, 12:54 PM

flyfisher4life1 is on a distinguished road

Peak, great vise!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:04 PM

monkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the rough

Peak. I had Eric Leiser's Price Vise , when I first started trying but some jack wad stole it!
I use a Dyna King Kingfisher on occasion to tie big flies.

the Peak is without any doubt one of the nicest tools I've every used.
if any newbie really wants to get serious and tie on a great vise the Peak will last a lifetime.
I can say I would like to try a few of the vises I see offered on fleabay just to try them , might be a great inexpensive vise out there I'm sure.

buzz

the universe in a drop of water

Norta Mudzoory
Old 11-12-2013, 03:45 AM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Griffin Mongoose for me, I'd have been as happy with a Renzetti or Peak for about the same money. The tipping point was that the Griffin would take large saltwater hooks without a seperate set of jaws, but that might not be an issue for you. As for vices, its green eyed redheads, but that's a darned expensive hobby and its prone to leave a mark or two. Vises are safer.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:57 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Over the years, I think I've tried just about every vise out there, only to come back to the same three-- HMH, Regal and Dyna-King. I used the HMH more than the other two, swapping it out on rare occasion for the Regal or the DK when the urge hits.

If I had to narrow it down further, it would be the HMH first and foremost-- great folks and solid customer service --followed by the Dyna-King.

Then again, that's just me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

I like blondes, brunettes ,red heads right now eyes don't matter just as long I don't have to have a rubber band to keep her together.

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

O vise. Dyna King for over 30 yrs.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:56 AM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Renzetti Traveler...love it.

-VB
Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

HMH Spartan. Great vice, great company and customer service.

Scott
Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 PM

torr8966 is on a distinguished road

Traveler for rotary and regal......think I like the regal a little more. Kind of old school!!