The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Youth Fly Fishing

Youth Fly Fishing A place for our younger members to comunicate with each other.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 09:53 PM

gs430 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thinning out the chest

Gl caddis : if the offer is still available I am interested. About 30 days ago my journey into fly fishing began with my 10 year old son in Wyoming. We had never fly fished, but we spent 7 days falling in love with the sport. It was amazing - and since that time we have purchased two rods and a reel and we are practicing in the yard. I am looking forward to learning and enjoying this sport alongside my children.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 AM

glcaddis has a spectacular aura aboutglcaddis has a spectacular aura about

Still available, send me your mailing address and the flies will be in the mail.

Google Morris Animal Foundation for information on donating.

I'll include some top notch Wyoming flies. I love to fish there. The North Fork of the Tongue River is a great place to learn. Eager Cutts and Brookies make it easy to catch a lot of fish.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:24 PM

stranger929 is on a distinguished road

Hi! If you're still offering I would really appreciate some flies! That also looks like a great charity to donate to!

I just purchased my first fly rod a few days ago! I've been wanting to get into fly fishing for a while now and having just moved to Denver, I figured it's time to get into the game! I arrived here in Denver with no gear other than my 2 Shimano bait casters, so I'm in the process of figuring out what I need and getting it all, as money will allow of course. Next weekend, on my birthday coincidentally, I'm going to go buy a reel for this new rod, unless the anticipation gets to be too much and I go down at lunch time and buy it during the week

Anyway, if you're still offering I'd be happy to donate to the foundation!

~Matt
Old 10-04-2013, 01:42 AM

stranger929 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, again, I received the flies and they are great!

My girlfriend saw the new flies and asked me about them so I told her about the offer here. She checked out the Foundation herself and donated as well! She's also sharing it with some other friends so I'm sure there are a few more donations being sent for a great cause.

Just thought I'd mention it!

~Matt
Old 10-04-2013, 06:01 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

gl as Larry has mentioned a nice gesture on your part which will really help The New members who aren't as yet into tying..
Brian.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:53 PM

bjohnson76 is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this is still an option, but this fall I was bitten by the bug and would love some flies. Thanks so much, and if not, oh well, worth a try
Old 01-06-2014, 04:30 PM

stephane110 is on a distinguished road

Would love a few flies if there's any left! Just started fly fishing this last summer so anything would help. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:13 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

You know... With all the free stuff given away on this forum... It's hard to believe it would cost a newbie angler much to get into fly fishing if they only knew about this site... The members here are so generous!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:32 PM

adrian191 is on a distinguished road

If still available i would like some flies sent to me. Plus im getting my first actual rod at the somerset nj fly fishing show. And its also a really good foundation.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:41 PM

adrian191 is on a distinguished road

The flies you sent me are awesome. I really appreciate it. Wish i could get some more.