The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Youth Fly Fishing

Youth Fly Fishing A place for our younger members to comunicate with each other.

Like Tree39Likes
  • 5 Post By fredaevans
  • 3 Post By mcnerney
  • 2 Post By hairwing530
  • 6 Post By littledavid123
  • 5 Post By labradorguy
  • 5 Post By fredaevans
  • 5 Post By mridenour
  • 4 Post By honyuk96
  • 4 Post By labradorguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2015, 01:41 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have a Son/Daughter who really likes to fly fish?

The heading is 'on purpose.'

Did a 'favor' for a fellow in the UK who needed something shipped to him. No big deal for me as I know the 'how/who.' In return he sent me a box of flies he's tied (Context: He's one of the best tiers going in 'Jolly Old England).

Problem is I don't fish for trout, actually damned little of that here in my part of Southern Oregon. I'd like to pass kit on to a youngster that does/will. Know this may end up "Drawing a name out of a hat" but that's to be expected.

PM me.

fae
Old 01-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have a Son/Daughter who really likes to fly fish?

Fred: That is a great gesture to offer those flies to a youngster, kudos to you!
Jason (aka Labradorguy) has two young boys that are into fly fishing, I sent him a pm to see if he is interested.

Larry

Old 01-18-2015, 12:51 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Exactly my thoughts, Larry. Jason's sons are great kids, and heavily into everything "fly" these days. I can think of no better place for those flies than in the hands of those two boys...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
labradorguy and mridenour like this.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:05 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not forget the girls on here who fish!

But she has plenty of flys, from snitching mine or those her little boyfriend ties so please send to someone else. I would suggest they go to a regular contributors kid though.

Click the image to open in full size.

Dave
Old 01-19-2015, 10:56 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Thanks for the "nomination" gents. The boys would love to add to their boxes a bit.

Right now, I have them cramming for Scouts. They are going to stand for First Class tonight and they are a bit crabby with all the knots, compass work, and first aid stuff I've been having them review on their day off from school. If I tell them that they might be getting to add a few flies to their fly boxes, it might get me back in their good graces.
"In Heaven the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, and the women are Italian. In Hell the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, and the women are Italian...."
Old 01-19-2015, 11:43 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Have a Son/Daughter who really likes to fly fish?

LG and I have been in contact
Old 01-19-2015, 11:58 AM

mridenour will become famous soon enough

I've been fishing with Jason and even though he loves fishing, he loves doing whatever it takes to be a good dad first. His boys would be great kids to send the flies to.

Fred, thanks for doing something nice for someone. It's that kind of thing I choose to remember about someone!
Old 01-20-2015, 12:07 AM

honyuk96 is a jewel in the roughhonyuk96 is a jewel in the roughhonyuk96 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Fred, I only know you through a couple of these boards and just wanted to say you sure do some very nice things for folks. This was another good read. Cheers to you Fred and Labrador guy, I'm a dad too and you sound like one heck of a father. Right on !
Old 01-20-2015, 10:51 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Thanks Honyuk. That's nice of you to say. You know how it is being a dad, we have to try our best.

I figure a person can fail at a lot of things (you should see my short game on the green), but failing as a dad just isn't an option. Especially in today's world....

Fred is awesome thinking of the next generation. I admire him.

I keep telling my boys that they are making a good decision learning to fly fish. With ALL their friends being so into phones, video games, and tablets, when they're my age, they're going to have a whole lot of rivers all to themselves. LOL.
"In Heaven the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, and the women are Italian. In Hell the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, and the women are Italian...."