The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Youth Fly Fishing

Youth Fly Fishing A place for our younger members to comunicate with each other.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 12:18 PM

ts47 is a jewel in the roughts47 is a jewel in the roughts47 is a jewel in the roughts47 is a jewel in the rough
Default The Brotherhood of the Jungle Cock

Jokes aside from my non-fly fishing friends... This is a wonderful youth organization with chapters in a number of states and was founded in 1940.

I was fortunate enough to attend and even participate in some of the instruction, a 3 day campfire (weekend) last weekend with my 11 year old son, another friend and his 10 year old son. It IS the type of thing you can travel to from out of state.

The program is basically a youth college that meets for 3 days each year taking young kids from spin fishing through to becoming masters of fly fishing. As I understand it, kids are welcome to attend up to age 18 OR until they graduate from college. A parent or guardian must also attend. It is run by a wonderful group of anglers that teach all aspects of fly fishing to the kids.

If you have a son interested in the sport, I highly recommend you Google the name and talk to the folks in your area. Both of the boys that were with me last weekend really enjoyed themselves and want to go back next year. I honestly believe you will feel the same way after attending.

PS: If you don't know about it or have a kid yourself, you owe it to yourself to find out about it and pass the information along. The program was that good!

Good things come to those who wade...

Last edited by ts47; 05-18-2015 at 04:27 PM.