Redington took the top prize in the fly rod category for the Vapen Red at the European Fishing Tackle Trade Exhibition (EFTTEX) in Vienna, Austria this past weekend. “The Vapen Red is the next evolution in fly rod design thanks to X-Wrap technology and its PowerGrip, so we are thrilled about winning this prestigious award,” comments Redington General Manager, David Visnack. “... Full story
Allen Fly Fishing describe their Xa fly rod as being...
A Study carried out on behalf of the Bonefish &...
Angler access to Everglades National Park (ENP) has recently made...
The Orvis Company, Inc. of Manchester, Vermont today announced it...
Thanks to strong bipartisan support in the 2013 legislature, the...
A report released by the American Sportfishing Association (ASA) makes a powerful case that from an economic perspective, recreational fishing is just as important as commercial fishing, despite a much lower overall impact on the resource. According to the report, anglers landed just two percent of the total saltwater landings compared to ninety-eight percent caught by the commercial fishing industry.... Full story
National Fishing In Schools Program and the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency announce the first-ever NFSP F.I.S.H.* Tournament (*Fishing In Schools Happening). ... Full story
Bill to improve recreational access along bridges and roads signed into law. Lack of access to fishable waters is commonly cited as one of the top concerns among anglers.... Full story
AUGUSTA, Maine — Emergency legislation to open the St. Croix River watershed to sea-run alewives easily won passage in the Maine Senate and House. The bill, LD 72, now goes to Gov. Paul LePage, who has 10 days to sign, veto or let the bill become law.... Full story
The Jose Wejebe Spanish Fly Memorial Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support causes involving marine conservation, education, and individuals with special needs. We will contribute to and participate in fundraising and humanitarian work through ocean and marine-life related activities. ... Full story
Complications from recent neck surgery believed a factor claiming life of famed fishing tackle inventor, angling authority, author and long-time TV host Doug Hannon.... Full story
Washington D.C. — After years of collaboration, the Rio Grande del Norte, a place close to New Mexican sportsmen’s hearts, will be protected as a national monument.... Full story
I think it is fair to say that Allen Fly Fishing have built a great brand reputation here on the North American Fly Fishing Forums and more recently on our UK Fly Fishing Forums also. Solid, well-designed gear at great prices and with customer service to match. ... Full story
Campaign to Stop the Pebble Mine in Alaska’s Bristol Bay Tops Orvis Customer Matching Grants for 2013
A national campaign to stop the controversial Pebble Mine in Alaska’s Bristol Bay region is the top conservation priority for The Orvis Company, Inc., said CEO Perk Perkins and Vice Chairman David Perkins as they announced the company’s 2013 Customer Matching Grants for Conservation.... Full story
There is an Atlantic Salmon Iceland special version of the popular Fly Fishing the World fishing show this weekend - make sure you don't miss it to find out all about these magnificent fish.... Full story
The Wild Trout Trust is a small charity in the UK that is modelled on Trout Unlimited. They focus on the protection of wild trout and their habitat through practical advice and projects with fishing club, landowners and community groups. They run a fundraising auction each year of fishing days, art, tackle and collectables.... Full story
The Nova Scotia Salmon Association is maximizing the benefits of the U.S. Clean Air Act by giving a river that is home to endangered wild Atlantic salmon in southern Nova Scotia continuous doses of lime.... Full story
A new trade guild for those involved with the fabrication of fine fishing rods has been established in the United States of America, and is now open to individuals from any country.... Full story
Paul Koenig writing in the Kennebec Journal covers a very interesting story about how efforts to introduce Atlantic salmon roe to Sheepscot River in Palermo are using an innovative technique to be able to plant salmon eggs directly into the river gravels for the best chance of success.... Full story
Anglers’ expenditures have a significant impact on the nation’s economy. Recreational fishing is more than just a pleasant getaway for millions of Americans. It provides a living for countless people in businesses ranging from fishing tackle and boating manufacturing to travel and hospitality to publications, magazines and much more.... Full story
Browse by Topic
Hot topics on Fly Fishing Forums
- Brown and blue...
- Tiny Creek Brookies
- What does # of rod pieces effect?
- Don't know and haven't been able to find out - need help
- Difference is casting rod wts ?
- ATTN All tyers: I "Challenge" you to a duel!!
- Fishing shirts ?
- Gray Wolf's Chapman's Smelt
- Bug off !
- Lily pad fishing
- Some action!
- Montana Fly Fishing Magazine
All Other Fly Fishing Articles
- Abel Acquired By The Mayfly Group
- Western Canadian Fly Fishing Expo
- Calgary To Host 2013 Fly Fishing Championships
- Columbia River Native Salmon Given a New Lease on Life
- Cutthroat Leaders Unveils New Website
- Train to Teach Kids Fly Fishing with NFSP
- Målselv Salmon Fishing: Finding gold and silver
- Habitat Protection Vital To Native Trout
- Hardy and Greys Up For Sale
- ISER Researcher Criticizes Pebble Data, Shively Shrugs Off Concerns of Hunters and Sport Fishermen
- 2012 Sportfishing Summit Brings Industry Leaders Together
- Casting for Recovery Partners with World Fishing Network
- Orvis, TU Begin Project to Open 1,000 Miles of New Trout Water Over Next Decade
- Another Fish Barrier Removed
- Alaska Hosts Fisheries Workshops and Conference
- Biscayne Bay Access Concerns Raised Again
- Man Finds Lost Finger in Trout
- Presidential Hopefuls Talk Fishing
- Take A Trip With A Hatchery Trout
- Casting for Recovery Helps Breast Cancer Survivors Adjust to "Life After"
- Fishing Tradeshows Join Forces
- Fly Fishing Museum Has New Website
- Riding High - The Science of Tarpon
- Kenai River Habitat Work Lands National Recognition
- Hardy Loses a Legend
- Drought taking heavy toll on fishing industry
- Obama Administration Reneges on Modest Steps To Protect Waters from CAFO Pollution
- Fish swim upstream of Condit Dam after breaching
- Tenkara USA Announces Deal With Orvis
- Buy a Tshirt and Support Bristol Bay Campaign
- The New Olympic Series Two-Handed Rods from Allen Flyfishing
- No More Broken Fly Rods with Fly Rod Saver
- Life on the Fly by Tom Johnson - book review
- Review: Redington CT (Classic Trout) Rod
- Book Review: Do Fish Feel Pain – Victoria Braithwaite
- Tackle review - Allen Fly Fishing XL 5/6 Fly Reel
- Armchair casting
- Casting from the Shore CD - the review
- "Flies That Catch Trout" by Terry Lawton - book review
- Trout and Smallmouth Fishing on the North Branch of the Potomac