How to tie a Palomar knot
Use: Tying on flies.
Description: Ranks alongside the Trilene knot as the strongest knot for attaching a fly to a tippet.
1. Double about 150mm of the end of the tippet and pass through the eye of the hook.
2. Use the double line to tie an overhand or thumb knot, letting the hook hang loose and avoiding twisting the lines.
3. Pull the loop down and pass it over the hook.
4. Moisten the knot and pull both the tag end and standing end of the tippet to tighten the knot.
5. Finish by trimming the tag end.
Graphics of knots drawn by Tim Pegg of Thilmcraft Graphics. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by the same author
- Invasive Grass Carp Could Damage the Environment
- IF4 - On its Way To A City Near You - Don't Miss It!
- Shadow Fly Fishing Custom Fly Line Giveaway
- Fly Fish Texas
- Orvis to Open its Annual Guide Rendezvous to the Public
- Tributaries Fly Fishing Film on Release
- Costa Fly Fishing Film Tour 2014
- Board Changes at AFFTA
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report