How to tie a Palomar knot
Use: Tying on flies.
Description: Ranks alongside the Trilene knot as the strongest knot for attaching a fly to a tippet.
1. Double about 150mm of the end of the tippet and pass through the eye of the hook.
2. Use the double line to tie an overhand or thumb knot, letting the hook hang loose and avoiding twisting the lines.
3. Pull the loop down and pass it over the hook.
4. Moisten the knot and pull both the tag end and standing end of the tippet to tighten the knot.
5. Finish by trimming the tag end.
Graphics of knots drawn by Tim Pegg of Thilmcraft Graphics. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by the same author
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report
- Fish and Wildlife Service Announces No Fish Hatchery Closures This Year
- Patagonia Austral Fly Fishing
- AFFTA / Fly Fishing Shows 2014
- Iconic British Fishing Emporium, Farlows, Casts a Line for the Future
- Don’t Miss the World Premiere of Waypoints!
- Sportfishing Summit 2013
- ASF's 31st Annual New York Gala Dinner and Auction
- Noted Fly Angler A.K. Best to Talk on Fishing Colorado