Murphy runs for AFFTA
Jim Murphy, President of Hardy North America is running for a seat on the Board at AFFTA. There are 26 candidates nominated in the most successful solicitation of candidates in AFFTA's history.
Ballots are being sent out to AFFTA members soon. There are nine spots, each members vote will be important.
Jim has been working in the fly fishing industry for nearly 20 years. His candidacy comes at a time when AFFTA is joining with its membership to build a new industry that will thrive in the changing market conditions. Jim says. "I believe it is essential to preserve the independent fly fishing retailer. We have seen the experiment of the multidoor fly shops fall short on customer service, outreach and keeping someone on the floor who knows something about fly fishing. We need to work with the independents to increase their market share and maintain the service required to bring customers to the water."
Jim is currently President of Hardy North America, overseeing the reintroduction of Hardy and the first introduction of Greys and Chub products to the US marketplace. He started in the industry in 1992 as Operations Manager at Thomas and Thomas. He went on to found Redington and Albright tackle companies. He has always been optimistic about the future of the fly fishing industry and believes the best times are still ahead.
Articles by the same author
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave
- Volunteers Required to Teach Fishing in New Hampshire
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Oregon Biologists Poised to Rescue Deschutes River Fish
- Phil Greenlee to Speak at Florida Fly Fishing Expo
- British Fly Fishing Firm to Expand in New Hampshire
- Illinois Catch and Release
- Florida Fly Fishing Expo Announces October Classes with Bob Clouser and Wanda Taylor