News from IFTD - Day One of the Fly Fishing Show
Not much time to 'sightsee' on day one of the International Fly Tackle Dealer show in New Orleans so here's a quick snapshot of the day from inbetween meetings. More gear news to come later this week...
Kirk Deeter and Tim Romano from the US-based Angling Trade magazine are hosting the New Product Showcase right inside the entrance to the show with visitors including yours truly voting on best new products in a range of categories and of course the coveted 'Best of Show'. We'll share the results as soon as we have them but notable products that caught my eye were the new Hardy Fortuna and Light reels, the Sage One rod series and a new line of fly fishing apparel designed especially for the ladies by Redington.
The IFTD Best of Show awards waiting to be won
Redington Marketing Manager, Jennifer Gish displays a couple of the new ladies fishing shirts
The main casting pond right in the centre of the show hall at IFTD
Anyone for Alligator Jambalaya - only in New Orleans!
Happy Birthday message to legendary photographer Brian O'Keefe at the pre-awards party held at The Republic
Nice period picture used of Brian circa the 70's I'm guessing which you can just make out!
More to come tomorrow from day two of the show...
Articles by the same author
- Simms Releases New Film All About 'The Wader Makers.'
- Cuba to ‘Open Up’ to Fishing with Orvis
- Holly Rush Appointed New CEO of Costa
- Free Fly Fishing Lessons with Orvis
- Merry Christmas
- New Chair of ASF Board of Directors
- Atlantic Salmon Federation Honor Mary Barley
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium