New duo take the reins on Norway's Gaula
The Norwegian Flyfishers' Club has for thirty years been the life's work of Manfred Raguse, who built it up from the early days after readers of his German magazine articles asked to come and fish with him. Now a new area dawns with new owners Per Arneberg and Enrico Cristiani taking over the famous Rotation fishery with its extensive prime salmon-fishing beats on the middle and lower river.
A chance meeting in June 2011, while fishing the same beats of the Norwegian Flyfisher’s Club, has brought about a new and invigorating change of ownership and management to the NFC as well as the fulfilment of life-long dreams to run a flyfishing establishment for Per Arneberg and Enrico Cristiani.
Both men have been avid fishermen from a young age – and between the two they have fished the Gaula for many years, as well as many of the finest fly-fishing rivers of Norway, Scotland, Russia, Iceland and the United States.
It was perhaps inevitable that with their shared passion for fly fishing and their entrepreneurial spirits, that in just one short week, the two were already discussing the idea of one day owning and operating a fishing operation such as the NFC together. Little did they imagine that an exploratory conversation with NFC owner Manfred Raguse, that same week, would turn their dream into a reality in less than a year...
Continue reading the full article on our Salmon and Destination fishing site - FishandFly.com - Click here!
Articles by the same author
- G.Loomis Expands ‘Xpeditor’ Service
- 14th Annual Virginia Fly Fishing and Wine Festival
- Southeastern Fly Fishing Festival Returns to Western Carolina
- Invasive Grass Carp Could Damage the Environment
- IF4 - On its Way To A City Near You - Don't Miss It!
- Shadow Fly Fishing Custom Fly Line Giveaway
- Fly Fish Texas
- Orvis to Open its Annual Guide Rendezvous to the Public
- Tributaries Fly Fishing Film on Release
- Costa Fly Fishing Film Tour 2014