New duo take the reins on Norway's Gaula
The Norwegian Flyfishers' Club has for thirty years been the life's work of Manfred Raguse, who built it up from the early days after readers of his German magazine articles asked to come and fish with him. Now a new area dawns with new owners Per Arneberg and Enrico Cristiani taking over the famous Rotation fishery with its extensive prime salmon-fishing beats on the middle and lower river.
A chance meeting in June 2011, while fishing the same beats of the Norwegian Flyfisher’s Club, has brought about a new and invigorating change of ownership and management to the NFC as well as the fulfilment of life-long dreams to run a flyfishing establishment for Per Arneberg and Enrico Cristiani.
Both men have been avid fishermen from a young age – and between the two they have fished the Gaula for many years, as well as many of the finest fly-fishing rivers of Norway, Scotland, Russia, Iceland and the United States.
It was perhaps inevitable that with their shared passion for fly fishing and their entrepreneurial spirits, that in just one short week, the two were already discussing the idea of one day owning and operating a fishing operation such as the NFC together. Little did they imagine that an exploratory conversation with NFC owner Manfred Raguse, that same week, would turn their dream into a reality in less than a year...
Continue reading the full article on our Salmon and Destination fishing site - FishandFly.com - Click here!
Articles by the same author
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report
- Fish and Wildlife Service Announces No Fish Hatchery Closures This Year
- Patagonia Austral Fly Fishing
- AFFTA / Fly Fishing Shows 2014
- Iconic British Fishing Emporium, Farlows, Casts a Line for the Future
- Don’t Miss the World Premiere of Waypoints!
- Sportfishing Summit 2013
- ASF's 31st Annual New York Gala Dinner and Auction
- Noted Fly Angler A.K. Best to Talk on Fishing Colorado