Fly Fishing The World Visits Iceland
There is an Atlantic Salmon Iceland special version of the popular Fly Fishing the World fishing show this weekend - make sure you don't miss it to find out all about these magnificent fish.
What makes the most desirable fly fishing river? Crystal clear, icy water situated in a string of challenging pools? Or how about a river that is booked so far in advance because the same groups come for the last 40 to 50 years?
The crew of Fly Fishing the World, airing exclusively on Sportsman Channel, wanted to see why the land of fire and ice is considered the ‘mecca’ for Atlantic salmon fly fishing.
They head to Iceland for a special episode with guest host, Sasha Savic, CEO of MediaCom USA. Savic is on a mission to save Atlantic salmon from big nets and habitat degradation and he’s found his perfect home – River Hosfa in the northeast corner of Iceland.
Tune in to this very special episode on Sportsman Channel on Saturday, March 16 at 9 pm ET.
To learn more about Atlantic Salmon Federation, visit http://asf.ca
To learn more about the North Atlantic Salmon Fund (of which Orri is the president) visit http://www.nasfworldwide.com
To buy Savic’s film “A Passion for Salmon” click here: http://www.iselltackle.co.uk/A-Passion-Called-Salmon-DVD.html
Get set to tune in or set up your recorders now;-
These are the air dates/times (all EST) for the Iceland show on the Sportsman Channel.
March 16th 8:30pm
March 16th 11:30pm
March 18th 10:00am
March 23rd 8:30pm
March 23rd 11:30pm
Articles by the same author
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report
- Fish and Wildlife Service Announces No Fish Hatchery Closures This Year
- Patagonia Austral Fly Fishing
- AFFTA / Fly Fishing Shows 2014
- Iconic British Fishing Emporium, Farlows, Casts a Line for the Future
- Don’t Miss the World Premiere of Waypoints!
- Sportfishing Summit 2013
- ASF's 31st Annual New York Gala Dinner and Auction
- Noted Fly Angler A.K. Best to Talk on Fishing Colorado