Vapen Red Wins Best Fly Rods at EFTTEX
Redington took the top prize in the fly rod category for the Vapen Red at the European Fishing Tackle Trade Exhibition (EFTTEX) in Vienna, Austria this past weekend. “The Vapen Red is the next evolution in fly rod design thanks to X-Wrap technology and its PowerGrip, so we are thrilled about winning this prestigious award,” comments Redington General Manager, David Visnack. “
Redington’s new X-Wrap construction method involves wrapping one layer of super-high density carbon ribbon inside the blank and another counter-wrapped on the exterior surface. X-Wrap construction provides surprising power with little effort. The technology is so distinct you will actually see the difference in the blank.
To create the Vapen Red’s custom unique grip, Redington collaborated with renowned golf club grip company, Winn Grips. Together they developed an advanced polymer grip that won’t slip when wet, feels soft in the hand and reduces fatigue. It also cleans easily, doesn’t chip and helps amplify casting power.
The Vapen Red ranges in size from 5-weight through 12-weight and will retail for $349.99 once available in August 2013.
Articles by the same author
- G.Loomis Expands ‘Xpeditor’ Service
- 14th Annual Virginia Fly Fishing and Wine Festival
- Southeastern Fly Fishing Festival Returns to Western Carolina
- Invasive Grass Carp Could Damage the Environment
- IF4 - On its Way To A City Near You - Don't Miss It!
- Shadow Fly Fishing Custom Fly Line Giveaway
- Fly Fish Texas
- Orvis to Open its Annual Guide Rendezvous to the Public
- Tributaries Fly Fishing Film on Release
- Costa Fly Fishing Film Tour 2014