National Program Brings Fly Fishing to Virginia’s Schools
The National Fishing in Schools Program (NFSP) has held a teacher certification session at James Madison University.
Source: The Virginia Council of Trout Unlimited
NFSP is a nationwide, in-school program that teaches fly fishing to students in middle schools and high schools. NFSP educates students about fish, insects, aquatic environment, resource stewardship and conservation using fishing, and learning the skill of casting, as the instructional tool. The program is a natural compliment to the Trout Unlimited ‘Trout in the Classroom’ program.
Click HERE for the full story
Articles by the same author
- G.Loomis Expands ‘Xpeditor’ Service
- 14th Annual Virginia Fly Fishing and Wine Festival
- Southeastern Fly Fishing Festival Returns to Western Carolina
- Invasive Grass Carp Could Damage the Environment
- IF4 - On its Way To A City Near You - Don't Miss It!
- Shadow Fly Fishing Custom Fly Line Giveaway
- Fly Fish Texas
- Orvis to Open its Annual Guide Rendezvous to the Public
- Tributaries Fly Fishing Film on Release
- Costa Fly Fishing Film Tour 2014