National Program Brings Fly Fishing to Virginia’s Schools
The National Fishing in Schools Program (NFSP) has held a teacher certification session at James Madison University.
Source: The Virginia Council of Trout Unlimited
NFSP is a nationwide, in-school program that teaches fly fishing to students in middle schools and high schools. NFSP educates students about fish, insects, aquatic environment, resource stewardship and conservation using fishing, and learning the skill of casting, as the instructional tool. The program is a natural compliment to the Trout Unlimited ‘Trout in the Classroom’ program.
Click HERE for the full story
Articles by the same author
- Fix Our Water: Florida's Water Crisis
- Simms Releases New Film All About 'The Wader Makers.'
- Cuba to ‘Open Up’ to Fishing with Orvis
- Holly Rush Appointed New CEO of Costa
- Free Fly Fishing Lessons with Orvis
- Merry Christmas
- New Chair of ASF Board of Directors
- Atlantic Salmon Federation Honor Mary Barley
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History