Team USA Dominate World Youth Fly Fishing Championships
The 12th FIPS-Mouche World Youth Fly Fishing Championships saw Team USA bringing home two medals for the third year in a row.
Source: Mark Nale, Centre Daily
This year’s competition was held in Ireland and involved 9 teams from 8 countries fishing two rivers, two lakes and a two-acre pond.
Erie County youth Jonathan Dietz greatly assisted his team by earning two session first-places and finishing 11th out of 49 anglers. Cam Chioffi, a Massachusetts youth, earned three session-firsts, as well as a second and a third place to win an individual gold medal in the three-day competition.
Team USA won the team gold medal, one of the two Irish teams won silver and South Africa took the bronze medal.
To read the full story click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report
- Fish and Wildlife Service Announces No Fish Hatchery Closures This Year
- Patagonia Austral Fly Fishing
- AFFTA / Fly Fishing Shows 2014
- Iconic British Fishing Emporium, Farlows, Casts a Line for the Future
- Don’t Miss the World Premiere of Waypoints!
- Sportfishing Summit 2013
- ASF's 31st Annual New York Gala Dinner and Auction
- Noted Fly Angler A.K. Best to Talk on Fishing Colorado