Team USA Dominate World Youth Fly Fishing Championships
The 12th FIPS-Mouche World Youth Fly Fishing Championships saw Team USA bringing home two medals for the third year in a row.
Source: Mark Nale, Centre Daily
This year’s competition was held in Ireland and involved 9 teams from 8 countries fishing two rivers, two lakes and a two-acre pond.
Erie County youth Jonathan Dietz greatly assisted his team by earning two session first-places and finishing 11th out of 49 anglers. Cam Chioffi, a Massachusetts youth, earned three session-firsts, as well as a second and a third place to win an individual gold medal in the three-day competition.
Team USA won the team gold medal, one of the two Irish teams won silver and South Africa took the bronze medal.
To read the full story click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Cuba to ‘Open Up’ to Fishing with Orvis
- Holly Rush Appointed New CEO of Costa
- Free Fly Fishing Lessons with Orvis
- Merry Christmas
- New Chair of ASF Board of Directors
- Atlantic Salmon Federation Honor Mary Barley
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame