Skagit River Salmon Festival
The free Skagit River Salmon Festival is being held from 10am to 6pm on Saturday 07 September at Edgewater Park, Mount Vernon.
Source: Mark Yuasa / Seattle Times
The event includes hands-on fly fishing lessons and fly tying provided by the Fidalgo Fly Fishers and other outdoor groups, businesses and organizations such as: Cabelas, State Fish and Wildlife, Skagit Fisheries Enhancement Group and Washington Wild.
There will also be a beer and wine garden, music, food, cultural activities, artisan vendors, arts and crafts for kids and chainsaw art.
The event is in partnership with the city of Mount Vernon and the festival is also hosting the Ray Reep Salmon Derby and the humpies (pink salmon) are running in good numbers up the Skagit River. For details on the derby click HERE
SPAWNsors include Puget Sound Energy; Skagit Fisheries Enhancement Group; Skagit Public Utility District; Skagit Publishing; Swinomish Indian Tribal Community; City of Burlington; Upper Skagit Tribe; City of Anacortes; City of Mount Vernon; Samish Indian Nation; Skagit County; Shell Oil Products US (Puget Sound Refinery); Tesoro Refining & Marketing; Whidbey Island Bank; and Skagit Watershed Council.
For more details on the event click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report
- Fish and Wildlife Service Announces No Fish Hatchery Closures This Year
- Patagonia Austral Fly Fishing
- AFFTA / Fly Fishing Shows 2014
- Iconic British Fishing Emporium, Farlows, Casts a Line for the Future
- Don’t Miss the World Premiere of Waypoints!
- Sportfishing Summit 2013
- ASF's 31st Annual New York Gala Dinner and Auction
- Noted Fly Angler A.K. Best to Talk on Fishing Colorado