Abel Reel Art Contest
Artists – from first-time amateur to student, fly fishing guide or professional – may compete for the opportunity of designing the fish graphic finish of a new Abel Reel including recognition and write-up on the firm’s website and 2015 catalog.
Source: Abel Reels
Two winners, fresh and saltwater species fish finish, will be awarded the Abel Reel of their choice, showcasing their own winning design, announced Jeff Patterson, director of sales of the California tackle manufacturer. There will also be one junior division winner for all artists ages 15 and under at the time of submission.
Abel will select the Finalists, up to ten pieces of artwork in each category, and picture them on the company’s Facebook page. The Finalists in each category will be open for vote over a two month period during October and November, 2013. Each Facebook “like” will be considered one vote.
Fresh, saltwater, and junior division winning designs will then go into production, with the three winning artists each receiving a free reel of their choice.
Articles by the same author
- Fix Our Water: Florida's Water Crisis
- Simms Releases New Film All About 'The Wader Makers.'
- Cuba to ‘Open Up’ to Fishing with Orvis
- Holly Rush Appointed New CEO of Costa
- Free Fly Fishing Lessons with Orvis
- Merry Christmas
- New Chair of ASF Board of Directors
- Atlantic Salmon Federation Honor Mary Barley
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History